Sdruno freezes up when transmitting

💬 Chat about SDR or radios in general.
BobbyC

Sdruno freezes up when transmitting

Unread post by BobbyC »

My sdruno program freezes up every time I transmit. I tried it on 2 different computers and it still freezes up. It's works great when I'm simply listening. I tried every thing to keep it from freezing up. Don't understand the problem. If anyone else has the same problem let me know and maybe you have found the solution. Much help would be appreciated. Thanks,
BobbyC,
W4BJC

G3WDG

Re: Sdruno freezes up when transmitting

Unread post by G3WDG »

Sounds like this might be an RFI issue. Does the problem occur if you transmit into a dummy load, or at lower power levels, or on different bands?

Charlie G3WDG

Max

Re: Sdruno freezes up when transmitting

Unread post by Max »

Hi Bobby

Just for info, you are posting on the forum for SDR Console software, not SDR Uno.

Notwithstanding, sounds like you have RF in the shack and getting into the PC. Would be helpful to know what kind of antenna you are using, and how far away from your operating position etc. Also what frequency? HF/VHF/UHF? One common route for RF into the PC is probably via USB cables from the SDR I would guess. Does your USB cable from your RSP have ferrite chokes? How is the antenna feed to the RSP arranged to isolate the RX when transmitting?

If HF, do you have common-mode choke in the coax feed from the TX antenna (if it is fed by coax)? Also on the RX antenna to the RSP? If not, and it is HF, start by just coiling a few turns of the feed coax near the antenna end.

Try reading this. Very interesting:
http://audiosystemsgroup.com/NCDXACoaxChokesPPT.pdf

Max