SDR#1784 how to disable audible readout of settings

💬 Chat about SDR or radios in general.
dewytakm

SDR#1784 how to disable audible readout of settings

Unread post by dewytakm »

I have the latest version of SDR# running but it has an audible readout of settings - every time I change the squelch or bandwidth or volume level I get a voice announcement of the setting. I do not want this but I am totally frustrated trying to find some documentation or any clue as to how to shut it off. I have searched through the config files and can't find a setting that looks relevant. I have searched through all of the plugins looking for something that might allow me to change this setting, with no joy. Whatever I can find for documentation is not helpful. I can't be the first person to encounter this, can anyone help to find a way to shut this off?

dewytakm

Re: SDR#1784 how to disable audible readout of settings

Unread post by dewytakm »

And disregard, I solved the problem. The trick is to remove the screen reader key from plugins.xml The clue is, the program announces that screen reader is enabled when it first starts. But since I didn't know what screen reader was, I didn't know to disable it. I solved the problem by removing most of the keys from plugins.xml. The screen reader key seemed like a likely possibility and when I added it back in, the audio announcements started again.
All of which begs the question: "where is this documented?"
I am doing a lot of experimenting with a cheap USB receiver and thinking of buying an Airspy receiver, but until I am confident that I can manage the software, I don't want to spend the extra money.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can suggest ways that a newbe can learn more.

Barry WB2ZXJ

Re: SDR#1784 how to disable audible readout of settings

Unread post by Barry WB2ZXJ »

Have you turned off the options in the Screen Reader tab?

BTW, this is not the SDR# forum.

Barry
WB2ZXJ
Attachments
Capture.JPG