Christmas Stocking one day?

💬 Chat about SDR or radios in general.
pnoelw

Re: Christmas Stocking one day?

Unread post by pnoelw »

It's not a dead project - here's a current link to Jaguar website http://jaguars.kapsi.fi/
Now on v6 with v7 about to be released. You can download here http://jaguars.kapsi.fi//download//JAGUAR_V6.0.zip This will run in the Lite mode which has most of the features.

I'm in full agreement with Simon's comments about both Perseus and HF+ Discovery.

All the best!
Noel

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Ahhh thanks for your help, i searched a long time but find only those old websites.
I humbly appologyze for my dead ... remark :? and will give it a try

pnoelw

Unread post by pnoelw »

Jaguar has a steep learning curve and requires lots of practice (at least for me!). But if you are an avid AMdx'er keep at it and the programme will reveal its depth. I started with it in late 2019 but NDB's and Pskov took over for the remainder of that season and most of the 2020/21 NDB season. In the meantime, Jaguar has progressed in leaps and bounds and I think I will have to start the learning all over again. :D
Noel.

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

it looks nice indeed but i can't test much without a Perseus. Most buttons don't work but the internal help with it's many pictures give very detailed explanations. Bit annoying are the many very tiny icons (buttons) on a 4K screen.

pauldbnut

Unread post by pauldbnut »

If anyone has half an hour plus to spare, and would like to know what all the fuss is about with (Perseus) Jaguar Pro by Ilpo Parviainen (and so why I believe it is worth studying for lessons/ideas for any other SDR program), these are the only two YouTube review videos I found on the subject. Both from Steve (VE6WZ) in October last year:

Expect to be clicking pause and rewind repeatedly - it is dense!

I love the author's response to criticism "Too difficult....": "If someone finds a way to implement any Jaguar feature in an easier way, it will be implemented that way!"
Paul White (Grumpy Old Git)