MIDI Issues, cannot assign keys

MIDI, ...
Jomac_uk

MIDI Issues, cannot assign keys

Unread post by Jomac_uk »

I bought a HerculesDJ to control my radio and I did a few basic tests assigning keys and VFO worked fine. I stripped the HerculesDJ console down and removed various controls physically from the PCB before fitting the board into its new casing. Tonight I tested out the board and found I could tick the box to select a function but the edit button is greyed out. Concerned that I may have killed the HerculesDJ during the transfer, I downloaded a MIDI software program to find the HerculesDJ is working fine. So, I uninstalled SDR Console and reinstalled, still the same.

Whats gone wrong?

jdow

Re: MIDI Issues, cannot assign keys

Unread post by jdow »

On a hunch - is it started with data flowing from the front end? If so stop it and see of that ungrays the MIDI settings.
{^_^}

Jomac_uk

I feel a little embarrassed here. The problem was actually me not doing things right!!!

Jomac_uk

What I had done, or rather forgotten to do was very basic. I had ticked the box of the control I wanted to assign to MIDI but then forgot to highlight the whole line. Until the line is highlighted, the edit button at the top is inactive and greyed out. :roll: