Cannot adjust bandwidth on FMW

Discussion of the RTL-SDR type of radios suct as Noo-Elec etc.
swhendricks

Cannot adjust bandwidth on FMW

Unread post by swhendricks »

I installed SDR Console and most of the features appear to work except that I cannot adjust the bandwidth on FM broadcast channel and so get a very poor quality of reception. I installed the latest package for 64bit. I also have SDR# installed, and it functions well. When I use the suggested drivers from the RTL-SDR page, the program crashes out when I press start.

G0OFE

Re: Cannot adjust bandwidth on FMW

Unread post by G0OFE »

swhendricks wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:57 am I installed SDR Console and most of the features appear to work except that I cannot adjust the bandwidth on FM broadcast channel and so get a very poor quality of reception. I installed the latest package for 64bit. I also have SDR# installed, and it functions well. When I use the suggested drivers from the RTL-SDR page, the program crashes out when I press start.
Can you post a screenshot?
Are you using FMW, or BC-FM? Should be the latter for Broadcast FM
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

swhendricks

Unread post by swhendricks »

G0OFE wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:45 am
swhendricks wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:57 am I installed SDR Console and most of the features appear to work except that I cannot adjust the bandwidth on FM broadcast channel and so get a very poor quality of reception. I installed the latest package for 64bit. I also have SDR# installed, and it functions well. When I use the suggested drivers from the RTL-SDR page, the program crashes out when I press start.
Can you post a screenshot?
Are you using FMW, or BC-FM? Should be the latter for Broadcast FM
That's seems to have cured the problem. Thanks.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

That suggests there may be a bug in the FMW code. Not many people use simple FMW as opposed to narrow FM or Broadcast FM.

{^_^}