SDRconsole RTL not working

Discussion of the RTL-SDR type of radios suct as Noo-Elec etc.
sdramateur

SDRconsole RTL not working

Unread post by sdramateur »

Hi,

SDRplay, Pluto, Airspy, RTL-SDR 820 + E4000 are working in SDR# so RTL is using the zadig correct

SDRplay, Pluto, Airspy are working in SDRconsole
RTL-SDR did work older SDRconsole version but some mysterious way not get analyser action any more, SDRconsole hang, crashes need close SDRconsole manual.

In Radio configuration RTL = detected : Realtek RTL2838UHIDIR 00000001

I try several hours, i get lost in it, any hint will help

jdow

Re: SDRconsole RTL not working

Unread post by jdow »

What frequency do you have set?
What OS version?
What is the first change to the machine after which SDRC did not work right?
What SDRC version?
What picture? (Debugging requires readable pictures showing configuration data.)
What error message, if any?

And what does rtlsdr have to do with analyzer? I thought it simply read a file. Did you change the format selection for saving the file for some reason? Did you change where the files are stored?

Are you a neat freak who cleans up directories to remove files you don't know what they do? (If so, reinstall SDRC.)
{^_^}

sdramateur

jdow wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:42 am What frequency do you have set?
same frequenty when using Airspy, pluto, sdrplay to test i use 95.000 Mhz
What OS version?
use F:/ drive like i always do or did before.
Windows 10
All of them old releases who where installed from 2018 or earlyer and the latest release i download today
No error no receive Only with RTL-SDR, all of them, 820 + E4000
And what does rtlsdr have to do with analyzer?
the analyser window show if any signal is received but the waterfall is also empty :0
Are you a neat freak who cleans up directories to remove files you don't know what they do?
iam linux user aswell ;)
If so, reinstall SDRC
i did remove all of them, old new, reboot, clean the register, reboot, i did 4 times,
And after that i open this topic

Under BUGS topic, more users not able get RTLSDR going in SDRC

To be sure, i install 3.1 for 5e time but now in the windows10 root on C:/ drive
Same, RTLSDR no receive, hang, SDRC not responding, take very long time for close/end SDRC.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

sdramateur wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:21 pm
jdow wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:42 am What frequency do you have set?
same frequenty when using Airspy, pluto, sdrplay to test i use 95.000 Mhz
That's good - in range of the devices.
[quote"
What OS version?
use F:/ drive like i always do or did before.
Windows 10
Up to date?
All of them old releases who where installed from 2018 or earlyer and the latest release i download today
Not a responsive answer. Look to changes from when it worked to when it doesn't work. For that matter what version are you trying to use.
No error no receive Only with RTL-SDR, all of them, 820 + E4000
Does it appear in the definitions? If so and you press stop does it flip to run and still produce nothing on the spectrum? (FWIW I have a half dozen of those dongles all working here on two different computers, one if which is absurdly weak and brand new. (It's an Intel NUC configuration.)
And what does rtlsdr have to do with analyzer?
the analyser window show if any signal is received but the waterfall is also empty :0
The spectrum window shows what? I don't give a damn about analyzer if the spectrum does not work. Crawl. walk, then try to run.
Are you a neat freak who cleans up directories to remove files you don't know what they do?
iam linux user aswell ;)
It can't be that which makes you a smartass. I also run Linux in a custom router, repository, email filter, etc. Some people compulsively delete files they do not understand. Their systems soon quit working. So I considered that option here due to EXTREME lack of information.
If so, reinstall SDRC
i did remove all of them, old new, reboot, clean the register, reboot, i did 4 times,
And after that i open this topic
You also removed data from the appropriate subdirectory in %appdata%, as well?

Under BUGS topic, more users not able get RTLSDR going in SDRC
While other users manage to do it correctly and have no problems. (That new machine has a Windows issue, I suspect. The rtlsdr dongles don't work on SDRSharp and work fine on SDRC. Go figure.)
To be sure, i install 3.1 for 5e time but now in the windows10 root on C:/ drive
Same, RTLSDR no receive, hang, SDRC not responding, take very long time for close/end SDRC.
3.1 - that's nice. What version - file date information? I can't seem to see it in your very informative screen capture you failed to post here. It must be the nature of the missing file.

(I likely have decades more experience than you do of being an asshole. Why not be informative so I can try to cooperate instead of being an asshole?)

{^_^}

sdramateur

Windows 10 Home 21H1 19043.1526
The latest 3.1 download from website
SDR Console.exe 18-3-2022 - size = 25.729.792
Does it appear in the definitions?
I wrote in start post : Yes, it appear in the definitions
If so and you press stop does it flip to run and still produce nothing on the spectrum?
Yes
Do i need to look in the same spectrum i mention earlyer?

Thank you for nice friendly help.

SDRCONSOLE_004.jpg
SDRCONSOLE_004.jpg (35.93 KiB) Viewed 1733 times
SDRCONSOLE_003.jpg
SDRCONSOLE_002.jpg
SDRCONSOLE_005.jpg

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

The spectrum is showing nothing. And you have the rtlsdr AGC on. And the frequency is set to an acceptable frequency. Does this dongle work with any other program? It's acting as if it's input is blown. I doubt any sound is coming out. Is that a rash assumption on my part or not?

Another possibility is that you have it setup to use frequency conversion. That could result in the dongle being pushed down to its inoperable frequency range. That should enable one of the dongle's HF modes. With nothing hooked up it might show nothing this way since the gain control is essentially gone in the direct sampling mode.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

edit: The version of libusb you are using might make a difference. I'll check earlier tomorrow to see if you answer and try to suggest ways to insert a different libusb version. They are very much "pick your set of bugs" tools. And they are about the only tool in town for this which is why they are hardwired into the rtlsdr.dll versions out there.

{^_^}

sdramateur

jdow wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:26 pm Does this dongle work with any other program?
RTLSDR hardware is working fine in :
SDR#
SDR++
GQRX
Cubic
SDRangel
OP25
DSDplus
GNUradio
Sigdigger, spectraview or under linux many others libusb or using soapy

Saying this,
i have in total 23x RTLSDR hardware from differ brands (you name one i have it) with differ chipsets so you could assume i have changed the hardware,
this handling/change was not needed because they all work fine in the other software from the long list :)

>> edit: The version of libusb you are using might make a difference.
>> I'll check earlier tomorrow to see if you answer and try to suggest ways to insert a different libusb version.

I try to copy drivers from or out SDR# but when done this, SDRconsole when startup give a error message, it did not find RTLSDR driver
So i dont know or get stuck what drivers need to be replaced.
BTW --- before replace any i first renamed the original driver to easy restore to original :)

i had the same sort issue when change from version 2.0 to first 3.0 versions, after some testing Simon found a bug that time.
maybe that old bug is back in town? (he not told me what is was)
May something privacy setting about a microfoon in windows, because SDRconsole is not in that list, while other programs are in that list............. ?
Just callout.

After done this all as mention above, i put my first start topic on this support board for HELP wanted.

Long story short,
3.1 is no longer working in my windows 10 i cant find. Are you able to give any advice, asking please?

SDRCONSOLE_007.jpg

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

sdramateur wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:27 am
jdow wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:26 pm Does this dongle work with any other program?
RTLSDR hardware is working fine in :
SDR#
SDR++
GQRX
Cubic
SDRangel
OP25
DSDplus
GNUradio
Sigdigger, spectraview or under linux many others libusb or using soapy
Noted, although I can't promise not to forget in a senior moment. (Getting ready for my 9th decade in a couple years.)
>> edit: The version of libusb you are using might make a difference.
>> I'll check earlier tomorrow to see if you answer and try to suggest ways to insert a different libusb version.

I try to copy drivers from or out SDR# but when done this, SDRconsole when startup give a error message, it did not find RTLSDR driver
That problem is 32 bit (SDRSharp) vs 64 bit (SDRC).
So i dont know or get stuck what drivers need to be replaced.
BTW --- before replace any i first renamed the original driver to easy restore to original :)

i had the same sort issue when change from version 2.0 to first 3.0 versions, after some testing Simon found a bug that time.
maybe that old bug is back in town? (he not told me what is was)
May something privacy setting about a microfoon in windows, because SDRconsole is not in that list, while other programs are in that list............. ?
Just callout.
I've been wondering that, too.
After done this all as mention above, i put my first start topic on this support board for HELP wanted.

Long story short,
3.1 is no longer working in my windows 10 i cant find. Are you able to give any advice, asking please?
I am attaching a zip file with the two dlls I am successfully using.

I'm not sure about 3.1 not working. Didn't you say AirSpy was working? Make sure it remains working when you test the libusb in my attachment. Before copying the files in (which should be what you have anyway) rename the two existing files to something like rtlsdr.dll.bak so you can go backwards.

Something else that comes to mind is a need to run vcredist files in the "C:\Program Files\SDR-Radio.com (V3)\x64" folder. Have you tried rerunning them?

{^_^}

Another thing to look at is whether you have at some of Windoze er Windows security junk turned off.
Attachments
SDRC Drivers.zip
(117.24 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

sdramateur

jdow wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:25 am Something else that comes to mind is a need to run vcredist files in the "C:\Program Files\SDR-Radio.com (V3)\x64" folder. Have you tried rerunning them?
re-run or re-install again, and only this one did the trick RTLSDR = running
C:\Program Files\SDR-Radio.com (V3)\x64\VC_redist.x64.exe

Question:
How come?

BTW use SDR
12x RTLSDR differ brands (all)
6x Airspy-mini
2x Airspy-R2
2x Pluto
1x RSP1A
Running 4x PC + 5x raspberry + winhoos, linux.

From one oldi to other oldi, i forgive you the ashole part....... Thanks mate !

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Thank YOU for unassholing. It's easier for me to work in a more constructive atmosphere. Too much data is usually better than too little when trying to solve problems. {^_-} And I do get a kick out of helping other people when I can.

I am really glad I thought of that. I was really scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to get this solved. I have no problem with this. "Visual Studio" is my favorite computer game. So I tend to have all the DLLs in these packages and more installed without me thinking of it.

{^_^} Joanne