RSPDx in HDR mode - fails on zoom

Discussion of the RTL-SDR type of radios suct as Noo-Elec etc.
TrunkY

RSPDx in HDR mode - fails on zoom

Unread post by TrunkY »

I am using my RSPDX in HDR mode but any time that I zoom in to part of the spectrum the console exits HDR mode. My workaround is to bring up a 'receiver pane' then I can use the +/- to zoom in.

Is this by design? I am a little unclear as to why I need to use a receiver pane.

Simon G4ELI

Re: RSPDx in HDR mode - fails on zoom

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

TrunkY wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:13 pm I am using my RSPDX in HDR mode but any time that I zoom in to part of the spectrum the console exits HDR mode. My workaround is to bring up a 'receiver pane' then I can use the +/- to zoom in.

Is this by design? I am a little unclear as to why I need to use a receiver pane.
To run in HDR mode the center frequency and bandwidth have to be exact.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

TrunkY

Unread post by TrunkY »

Simon G4ELI wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:38 pm
TrunkY wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:13 pm I am using my RSPDX in HDR mode but any time that I zoom in to part of the spectrum the console exits HDR mode. My workaround is to bring up a 'receiver pane' then I can use the +/- to zoom in.

To run in HDR mode the center frequency and bandwidth have to be exact.
Sure, I think I get that. However, I still get the situation where I can enable HDR mode and it works perfectly. I can tune by mousewheel or clicking on the spectrum. But.... as soon as I try and use the zoom slider function to home in on a smaller part of the spectrum, console snaps out of HDR mode.

However, with the very same settings, I can click to tune etc AND zoom in or out (using the + and -) only if I have a 'receiver pane' open. It's odd behaviour. I don't see why I should have to open a receiver pane to allow zoom. Everything I need (and more) is in the main window - now hidden behind the receiver pane - as I tend to overlay it.

TrunkY

Unread post by TrunkY »

Just noticed I posted this in the wrong section - clearly should have been in SDRplay :(