Störungen in der Console

Discussion of the RTL-SDR type of radios suct as Noo-Elec etc.
Lothar

Störungen in der Console

Unread post by Lothar »

Hallo, Ich verwende RTL-SDR 820T2 mit vorgeschaltetem Up- Converter und 6- Fach Bandfilter an einer FD4 Antenne

Das Problem ist, ich habe z.b. im 80m Band mehrere Stöhr quellen ca. 3 Khz breit (knarren und kratzen)
Ohne Antenne sind die Signale weg. An meinem ic-7300 sind an den Stellen keine Signale. Nun Ist der rRTL-SDR je Spitzengerät und man denkt zuerst an Kreuzmodulation oder Übersteuerung.

Merkwürdig ist aber, das die Störungen im SDR-Sharp nicht sind. (Also gar nicht !!!! )

Hat jemand eine Idee ?

Vielleicht falscher Treiber ?

73 de DJ2WW Lothar aus Gelsenkirchen

KA1GJU

Re: Störungen in der Console

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Try using a good quality USB cable. Or check the continuity of the ground (metal shield of the ends) with a DMM.
I had one that was open, and the spectrum was covered with USB RFI, more noticeable without an antenna connected.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

Lothar

Unread post by Lothar »

Hello Kriss,
When I read your answer, I immediately thought, "That can't be, then the disturbances would also be in SDR-Sharp."
But of course I tried it and plugged the RTL stick directly into the PC without an extension.
And ... disturbances disappeared. .-)
Thank you very much

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Grüß Gott,

USB cables make great antennas, especially when the SDR is not well shielded. Ethernet cables can also radiate, I use FT240-31 cores on my problematic cables out in the repeater shed to reduce QRM on my 4 SDR's running as a server out there.

By the way...
My ancestry is from Endlfeld, Germany... VERY small town!
https://goo.gl/maps/7JvYW7gPM2RcEjNf7

Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)