Anan+SDRC- some observations and request for SSB help

PD3LK

Re: Anan+SDRC- some observations and request for SSB help

Unread post by PD3LK »

Hi Dave, regarding "The loud noise that I can hear clearly in my headset is not recorded"... does your headset suffer from HF radiation when TX?
I have a 7k and sometimes use a cheap gaming headset on the front busses without any problems.

G3ZQH

Unread post by G3ZQH »

No, no RF feedback at all. I've also have a lot of turns around a ferrite, just in case...

My headset also a gaming type Koss SB49.

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

That seems a good headset. Mine is https://www.bol.com/nl/p/headset-gaming ... oductTitle

I can not test it with the latest SDRC at this moment because my 7k doesn't have a network at the moment, i will try it later this week.
Btw i assume the headset settings are ok under Radio Settings..?

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

G3ZQH, you are very likely describing symptoms of high levels of RF floating around inside your shack, especially if you hear the noise but it is not recorded. You should figure out a way to mitigate this. Traditionally ferrites are your best friend in this endeavor. Careful layout of your wiring can help as well.

{^_^}

G3ZQH

Unread post by G3ZQH »

Radio settings copied from my Thetis setup- these should be all OK. No RF feedback- this I have under control and I am pretty sure it is not the problem (noise is present even with drive=0).

I have good audio now using the PC mic input, so I'll settle for that. I still feel there might be a setting I am missing in SDRC.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Dave G3ZQH