Startup Error: this action cannot be completed because the other program is busy

All bug reports here please
N5ANY

Startup Error: this action cannot be completed because the other program is busy

Unread post by N5ANY »

When I start the program (v 3.1) I get a message:

this action cannot be completed because the other program is busy
I am using a Yaesu FTDX5000 , omni rig, the Yaesu SCU-17 and an SDR Play. Sometimes after hitting the switch to button several times the box goes away and I can start the program. Any suggestions on how to make this switch to box go away?
73's Chuck Bigbie N5ANY

PD3LK

Re: Startup Error: this action cannot be completed because the other program is busy

Unread post by PD3LK »

I suspect the Server is still running and uses the SDRplay to.... ?

rv6fx

Re: Startup Error: this action cannot be completed because the other program is busy

Unread post by rv6fx »

Same problem.
Everything works as long as Only sdr console talks with omni-rig server.
An attempt to run, for example, wsjt-x or log, which also want to communicate with omni, does not work. Programs do not see omni-rig.
Even more interesting, when running wsjt + log, which by themselves normally see the omni-rig server, I try to enable external radio in the console.
Now sdr-console doesn't see omni-rig , it prompts to repeat, and then through the loop, from which you can only exit by killing the process through the program manager.
Last edited by rv6fx on Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rv6fx

Unread post by rv6fx »

Simon!
Thanks a lot, everything works now! (Build 2496)
I was able to connect to the omni-rig sdr-console. wsjt and logger.

rv6fx

Unread post by rv6fx »

Unfortunately, everything worked only until the reboot. After a reboot, it is again impossible to run 3 programs at the same time, using omni-rig.
I can run wsjt-x + sdr-console, but only if wsjt is started first. If i close both programs then restart external radio (omni) in sdr-console i can only, if I reboot my computer
Maybe a flag is set somewhere and not cleared on exit?