Frequency change latency...

All bug reports here please
ve3aam

Frequency change latency...

Unread post by ve3aam »

Normally the frequency change either via the numerical or the spectrum display is instantaneous and without any delays, but now for the second time in a couple of months this is not the case.
Jumped over to my Linux drive and tested the radio's with GQRX, with no issues...
I've uninstall the software and tested other previous versions including the latest releases, disconnected/restarted the Ettus Radios, with no resolve.
There were no changes to the operating system or any additional other party software install.
Tried changing the buffer size, etc. No luck, I gave up.
The only solution is/was to uninstall the program, delete all of the files in the "registry", "users", and also any remnants in the "Program Files".
A fresh install concluded in a successful resolve, but unfortunately, and of course all previous settings were eliminated.
Only one problem, as I'm not able to locate the settings in the "spectrum display" to allow the "peak display" of the base line? Kind of like that feature!
This is an absolute state of the art, piece of software, but does require patients and familiarity, in order to get it all perfect!
I'm anxious to see how this is going to perform on my new Intel dual Xeon Platinum 8180 28 core CPU's! LOL! and with a half of Terabyte RAM!
The Ettus radio's are located 650 feet away in my transmitter building and communicate via 40Gbyte, 12fibre!! LOL!
You have to love SDR!!!
If only to have transmit capabilities. I'm sure in the future...
Could always do so with GNU Radio, I've done so in the past, but this is much better. (SDR Console)

73's
Dale