Connecting Error - Failed to enumerate available contexts

All bug reports here please
DH1RK

Connecting Error - Failed to enumerate available contexts

Unread post by DH1RK »

Hello,
after update from 3.0.26 to 3.0.27 I always get an error dialogue at startup of SDR Console.
Manual press of Start button in the home menu, starts the device.
Version 3.0.26 could start directly one of my 2 two devices connected per USB.
Both are Adalm Pluto devices version B.
StartupError_with_Pluto.png
StartupError_with_Pluto.png (8.82 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
Error dialogue content:
Connecting (title)

Failed to enumerate available contexts

This device did not start properly, possibly due to insufficient USB power.
Reset (reconnect) the device and try again.

Hardware connection is not needed, only a manual press of Start button in the Home menu.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Ruediger, DH1RK

jdow

Re: Connecting Error - Failed to enumerate available contexts

Unread post by jdow »

"This device did not start properly, possibly due to insufficient USB power.
Reset (reconnect) the device and try again." I suspect its "possibly" is more like assuredly. 3.0.27 still likes Pluto. Did you lose your auxiliary power input connection? Is your USB hub overloaded? Is Pluto showing its directory on your machine for both Plutos?

{^_^}

DH1RK

Unread post by DH1RK »

Hi,
as mentioned, without changing any HW, by use/pressing the "Start" button in the home menu SDR console works.
HW setup is not changes since 3.0.26. Pluto is powered just by mid USB port from USB hub.
I have no problems during normal operation, so do not believe that it is a problem of USB power.

In addition, this happening only for the very first start / boot of SDR console.
If I close SDR console and start it again, then directly the radio is operational!

Locks for me, that it is a software problem.

May some rubish in registry keys?

Best regards,
Ruediger, DH1RK

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Attach a charger to the second Pluto port. The Pluto is crying for more power. And USB 2.0 power delivery is very weak. Did you ever ask yourself why the designers put that second port there for more power?

{^_^}

DH1RK

Unread post by DH1RK »

Hello,
understood your recommendation!
But still the same issue, here (as expected).

Will roll-back to 3.0.26.

Best regards,
Ruediger, DH1RK.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

OK, I'm reaching here a bit. By "very first start / boot of SDR console" do you mean first start after a reboot or first start after an install or first start each time you load SDR Console? I probably made a bad assumption here.

When defining radios I (perhaps rashly) presume the two Plutos have some distinct and unique to a single Pluto distinguishing feature so that the Plutos can be uniquely distinguished in the software. If the Plutos cannot be uniquely identified that may be the issue. That may be something that needs to be fixed within the Pluto firmware and USB configuration. (My Pluto seems to have a many digit very likely very unique serial number. So I presume yours have distinct serial numbers.) If Simon has done for Pluto what he did for AirSpy and AirSpy HF+, if you ask for one and it's not plugged in he opens (opened?) the other, which can lead to massive confusion, at least for my aging brain.

{^_^}