meters stuck

All bug reports here please
KD8CGH

meters stuck

Unread post by KD8CGH »

I am using SDR Console with a Hermes Lite 2. Most times I start SDRC the meter bars go to some value and stay there during the entire session. Occasionally SDRC would start and operate correctly. Unfortunately the problem has only grown worse from occurring about every other start to now when I just tried and got stuck meters six times in a row. Image attached.
Thanks
Bob KD8CGH

KA1GJU

Re: meters stuck

Unread post by KA1GJU »

No image attached... :(

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Home of the SDRC Super Station Servers
Attachments
Meter.png
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

KD8CGH

Unread post by KD8CGH »

Hmmmm - I'll try again a different way
SDRCbars.jpg

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

I see this sporadic too with my Anan7k.
But not a big deal for me, a radio stop/start solves it.

KD8CGH

Unread post by KD8CGH »

A single restart to fix this was the case for me also. But the stuck meter problem has been occurring more and more frequently. As mentioned in the original post, I now have the problem even after many restarts. The last try required nine restarts before success.
Bob KD8CGH

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Hi, hopefully other users can confirm this issue?
Want to see if it is related to network SDR's only or do USB SDR's have this too?

Max

Unread post by Max »

KD8CGH wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:04 am I am using SDR Console with a Hermes Lite 2. Most times I start SDRC the meter bars go to some value and stay there during the entire session.

Thanks
Bob KD8CGH

Hi Bob

Your screenshot shows 3.0.25. Official is now 3.0.26 and preview available on Downloads page 3.0.27 which I am using. First suggestion is install 3.0.27 and see if issue still present?

https://www.sdr-radio.com/download

I also run HL2 and never seen this problem, although it is "ringing a bell" for me from another user many months ago. Not totally sure, but i seem to remember that for that person it just cleared itself with reinstall and/or update. If you decide to do a search I am pretty sure it was on the IO support list, not this one.

I do also sometimes see issues on first start of SDRC (mostly freezing display) but always is cleared after restart of SDRC, but as far as I recall this issue is regardless of radio. Agree, that is an oddity.

Max

KD8CGH

Unread post by KD8CGH »

I updated to the latest version and the meters work again.
Thanks & 73
Bob KD8CGH

Max

Unread post by Max »

KD8CGH wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:16 am I updated to the latest version and the meters work again.
Thanks & 73
Bob KD8CGH
That's great Bob. Glad it worked.

Max