Airspy R2 through myUTN-2500 not recognized by SDRC

All bug reports here please
N5NHJ

Airspy R2 through myUTN-2500 not recognized by SDRC

Unread post by N5NHJ »

I've been using the USB device server myUTN-2500 (https://www.seh-technology.com/us/produ ... -2500.html) to connect my remote USB devices over the network, including Icom radios and SDR dongles, without using a dedicated computer.
I tested the R2, which was not recognized by the device server. After talking with the manufacturer of myUTN, they opened a ticket and updated the device's firmware and software.
Eventually the R2 was recognized by Windows but not by either SDR# and SDRC.

They suggested to replace the "libusb-1.0.dll" in the SDR# program folder with the current version ("libusb-1.0.24.7, see https://github.com/libusb/libusb/releas ... -1.0.24.7z).
This fixed the issue, the R2 works with SDR# via the device server.

Unfortunately, replacing libusb-1.0.dll has no effect on SDRConsole.
They say: "Something else is obviously used there. Here the developer would have to be contacted, so that he either adjusts his search method (I guess he searches only in the PCI Bus part, where the „real“ USB controllers are located and not on the root of the tree where virtual USB controllers and Root hubs are loaded) or gives us a hint what we would have to change."

Any suggestion is appreciated.

----------------------
73 de Max, N5NHJ (I8NHJ)
one of EL2PP, 1A0KM, JT1Y, E30GA, T77V, TT8MM, T32R, K5K, XR0X, S05X, 4O3T, BS7H, K4M, PJ7E, PJ7DX, 6Y1V, C6ANA, VP5/I8NHJ, ZF2NH, KP4/N5NHJ and...

jdow

Re: Airspy R2 through myUTN-2500 not recognized by SDRC

Unread post by jdow »

Ask on the AirSpy list. Youssef may have a solution. (You MAY have to run Zadig or something similar BUT don't try it until Youssef blesses it.) Include what Device Manager shows about it.
{^_^}

N5NHJ

Re: Airspy R2 through myUTN-2500 not recognized by SDRC

Unread post by N5NHJ »

In support of the bug request I'm attaching a screenshot of the R2 being recognized by SDR# (after updating libusb.dll to the latest version) and not recognized by SDR Console.
Attachments
R2-SDRC.JPG
R2-SDRSHARP.JPG