Audio Device Resets When Using Favorites

All bug reports here please
KW0RM

Audio Device Resets When Using Favorites

Unread post by KW0RM »

So I'm an amateur radio operator and I'm using SDRConsole V3 as my panadapter with direct control over my rigs (works great, thank you!). but when I'm say on 80m, I set the RX 1 audio output to the correct device and set the volume for my setup. But if I go up to favorites and change to say 40m, the audio device resets to "default" and the volume at 50%. Makes taking a cruise through the bands a bit tedious and can be alarming in the middle of the net when static comes out of my desktop monitor speakers rather than my headphones startling my dog and waking my wife. hehe. If I manually tune by entering a new freq, the audio config sticks, it also sticks if I close and restart SDRConsole, until I switch bands.

Is there something I'm missing about the favorites, e.g. storing the audio device in the favorite? I looked and didn't see anything in the settings regarding which audio device to use.

Thanks!

KW0RM

Re: Audio Device Resets When Using Favorites

Unread post by KW0RM »

Please disregard. This is not a bug. You have to update each individual favorite while using the desired audio device and volume level. This doesn't appear to be well documented. But I figured it out, thank you!

Max

Re: Audio Device Resets When Using Favorites

Unread post by Max »

Not necessarily recommending it, but if you are careful you can export the Favourites as an xml file and manually edit the text in "Notepad" if you have a lot of Favourites to change to the same setting.

If you do this make sure to keep a copy of the original and work on a backup just in case you mess up and you can then restore your original and start again.

Pretty sure Simon would not recommend this procedure but it does work!

Favourites doc here:
https://www.sdr-radio.com/Favourites

It does state a Favourite stores "Receivers including the current DSP settings for each receiver".

Max