issue with changing frequency

All bug reports here please
Kanakun

issue with changing frequency

Unread post by Kanakun »

when I try to change frequency's it just keeps playing the same audio and the only way to change frequency's is to turn of and on the scanner. i use a rtl-sdr

Note: on my laptop it works completely fine so i know the rtl-sdr is good
Attachments
2021-07-21 01-24-22.mp4
File of me testing to show whats going on
(7.49 MiB) Downloaded 38 times

Max

Re: issue with changing frequency

Unread post by Max »

Maybe it's me but I don't hear any audio on that clip? Also any chance to make a longer clip with slower tuning changes?

One thing I notice is your GPU load seems very high, building to around 60%. Also audio delay is going higher and higher throughout the clip. Maybe the PC is struggling? Does it meet the minimum spec requirement for SDRC?

https://www.sdr-radio.com/computer

Just for info I can run my RTL-SDR with no issues and so do many others here. Should run with no problems.

Max

Kanakun

Unread post by Kanakun »

Max wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:55 pm Maybe it's me but I don't hear any audio on that clip? Also any chance to make a longer clip with slower tuning changes?

One thing I notice is your GPU load seems very high, building to around 60%. Also audio delay is going higher and higher throughout the clip. Maybe the PC is struggling? Does it meet the minimum spec requirement for SDRC?

https://www.sdr-radio.com/computer

Just for info I can run my RTL-SDR with no issues and so do many others here. Should run with no problems.

Max
my pc is spec is:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: GIGABYTE Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4-F
and that is minimum spec I'm not sure about audio delay but it could be because I'm running a DAC(Digital Audio Converter) my gpu is high because I was screen recording, it usually sits around 10-20%. and yes the old clip was missing audio because I forgot to turn it on. also I have uploaded a new video clip also like i said in original post it works fine on my lower spec laptop
Attachments
2021-07-22 16-15-53.mp4
Longer Video
(60.04 MiB) Downloaded 38 times

Max

Unread post by Max »

Kanakun wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:25 am when I try to change frequency's it just keeps playing the same audio and the only way to change frequency's is to turn of and on the scanner. i use a rtl-sdr

OK I must be missing something here because in the new video everything looks totally normal. You change frequency of the receiver and instantly the audio changes at the same time. What did I miss?

Max

Kanakun

Unread post by Kanakun »

Max wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:07 am
Kanakun wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:25 am when I try to change frequency's it just keeps playing the same audio and the only way to change frequency's is to turn of and on the scanner. i use a rtl-sdr

OK I must be missing something here because in the new video everything looks totally normal. You change frequency of the receiver and instantly the audio changes at the same time. What did I miss?

Max
yes the audio does change but if i change to an offscreen channel like i did in video it keeps playing the same station like if im listening to 99.9 if i change to 102.5 it will still play 99.9

Kanakun

Unread post by Kanakun »

Max wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:07 am

Max
the issue is that if im playing 99.9 and change stations to something like 102.5 for some reason it keeps playing 99.9

Max

Unread post by Max »

the issue is that if im playing 99.9 and change stations to something like 102.5 for some reason it keeps playing 99.9
OK, I can see that, although it does sound like there is at least an attempt to change frequency. Actually it sounded like the newly tuned station was playing a syndicated advertisement, but I guess you have reproduced it many times with different stations? It's an odd one for sure and have not seen that before. Hopefully someone else might have some ideas?

Just for information, I've tried to replicate the issue at the same bandwidth setting as yourself i.e. 1 MHz with my RTL-SDR and recalling stations outside the 1MHz bandwidth from saved memories. It works faultlessly despite numerous tests. Have you tried some different SDR bandwidth settings?

What brand is your RTL SDR? Mine is an RTL-SDR.com V3. I am wondering if it's an issue with the dongle you have? Have you got another SDR you can test the same procedure with?

Max

Kanakun

Unread post by Kanakun »

Max wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:34 am

OK, I can see that, although it does sound like there is at least an attempt to change frequency. Actually it sounded like the newly tuned station was playing a syndicated advertisement, but I guess you have reproduced it many times with different stations? It's an odd one for sure and have not seen that before. Hopefully someone else might have some ideas?

Just for information, I've tried to replicate the issue at the same bandwidth setting as yourself i.e. 1 MHz with my RTL-SDR and recalling stations outside the 1MHz bandwidth from saved memories. It works faultlessly despite numerous tests. Have you tried some different SDR bandwidth settings?

What brand is your RTL SDR? Mine is an RTL-SDR.com V3. I am wondering if it's an issue with the dongle you have? Have you got another SDR you can test the same procedure with?

Max
i have tried many bandwidth settings with all failinng i also use a rtl-sdr.com v3. i dont think its a rtl-sdr issue because it works perfectly fine on my laptop. and no i do not have another rtl-sdr

Max

Unread post by Max »

Kanakun wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:56 pm
i have tried many bandwidth settings with all failinng i also use a rtl-sdr.com v3. i dont think its a rtl-sdr issue because it works perfectly fine on my laptop. and no i do not have another rtl-sdr

Maybe try a reset or, if that fails, a reinstall?

https://www.sdr-radio.com/reset

Max

Kanakun

Unread post by Kanakun »

Max wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:44 pm
Maybe try a reset or, if that fails, a reinstall?

https://www.sdr-radio.com/reset

Max
I've tried many times I even once reset my computer and none of it worked