v3.1 weird tune and freeze PC

All bug reports here please
HB9oab

Unread post by HB9oab »

I use SDRPLAY RSP2 v3 api on I7 9900k with C:2TB SSD (+3xHD) and 32GBram, CPU used 5/20% depending on the open RX and activity.

Since installing version v3.1 I have these problems:

1. when I open some receivers from the memories favourites, then I delete them by closing them and I open a single one, it is no longer possible to tune the frequency correctly with the mouse.
It no longer works on the scroll frequency and not on the WF click, it moves but I don't hear anything:
it happens to me that I tune the frequency on the frequency meter but as I click on the WF, the tuning shifts to another frequency.
Horizontally half WF left works right shifts band completely.
I have to reboot to have full management again.

2. often now going to one or the other frequency or changing RX etc ... after some time the PC completely FREEZES, so much so that I have to restart the computer

I would now like to try to REINSTALL EVERYTHING but since I have several frequencies stored in my favourites, before doing a FULL DELETE and reinstallation I was wondering what I need to keep to get my frequencies and favorites back again without redoing them all and how to be sure to delete everything and restart with a completely clean version to check.

Thanks for some advice on how to delete and restore favourites.

HB9oab

Re: v3.1 weird tune and freeze PC

Unread post by HB9oab »

UPDATE:
Is it really a problem of SDRCONSOLE + SDRplay or some problem between SDRconsole and my PC ... maybe ...
I7 + SSD + 32GB + NVIDIA GTX650 + SDRplay RSP2
I'm sorry not to be able to use SDRconsole which I find really super optimal.

I reinstalled everything from scratch also deleting the various configurations left in regedit and in the various dir ident_ ..

Unfortunately SDRconsole 3.1, after a bit of normal use it goes to CRASH freezing my computer. This only with SDRconsole.
I have to reset the PC to be able to restart.
I also tried to replace the PC with another one and a new configuration of WIN10 and it has the same system lock problem.

I also left SDRplay RSP2 with SDRuno for 48 hours playing with memories and whatnot without the slightest problem and everything works correctly.

I don't think it depends on some wrong setup ... but I don't understand why this SDRconsole crash depends.

Any suggestions?

LWood

Unread post by LWood »

I had the same issue, and I resolved it by replacing one of my USB cables .

HB9oab

Unread post by HB9oab »

>>I had the same issue, and I resolved it by replacing one of my USB cables .

Thanks for confirming the problem,
With all other programs like sdruno or sdrsharp or HDsdr there are no problems.
I also wiped all the SDRconsole and reinstalled again.
I had also already changed the USB cable, but it is strange that the freezing of the PC every now and then, happens to me only with SDRconsole.
Also the strange that it changes frequency depending on if I click to the right or to the left of the WF.
For example it changes from 10MHz to 400Mhz even with a single RX if I activate multiple receivers from the favorites, then I delete them all and turn on a single RX: changing frequency with the mouse on the frequency, then if I click on the WF it moves the band to the left on the frequency tuned, to the right on other bands, those previously selected from the favorites that would now be deleted.

In this case it doesn't freeze here but I have to restart SDRconsole to get the normal WF mouse click back.