Cannot run two HermesLite-2 instances/radios at the same time.

All bug reports here please
vk2im

Cannot run two HermesLite-2 instances/radios at the same time.

Unread post by vk2im »

Trying to run two HermesLite-2 radios at the same time in two instances of SDRC. (One is HermesLite-2 (latest built) and other one is Radioberry+RPi4)

I can run either of them individually but I cannot run them both at the same time. I can run two instances of PowerSDR mRX PS no problem with both radios at the same time. I tried different PCs, static/DHCP I.P with same result. I can run either radio with online server in second instance without any problem.

Possibly, the problem still might be in Radioberry (it only emulates the HermesLite-2) rather then the bug in the SDRC as such. I'm not planning to use Radioberry anyway in the future.
HL_1.png
HL_2.png
Note that bottom instance is running and top instance is not running at the screenshot time.

Max

Re: Cannot run two HermesLite-2 instances/radios at the same time.

Unread post by Max »

vk2im wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:24 am Trying to run two HermesLite-2 radios at the same time in two instances of SDRC. (One is HermesLite-2 (latest built) and other one is Radioberry+RPi4)

I can run either of them individually but I cannot run them both at the same time. I can run two instances of PowerSDR mRX PS no problem with both radios at the same time. I tried different PCs, static/DHCP I.P with same result. I can run either radio with online server in second instance without any problem.
All HL2s ship with the same MAC address. If you want to run tow simultaneously on the same network you will need to change the MAC address of one of them. I think this may be the issue?

See HL2 Wiki, about half way down this page:

https://github.com/softerhardware/Herme ... ot-Network

Max

vk2im

Unread post by vk2im »

Thanks Max for the link, but MACs and IPs are different as it can be seen from first screenshot. 73'

Max

Unread post by Max »

vk2im wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:32 pm Thanks Max for the link, but MACs and IPs are different as it can be seen from first screenshot. 73'
Oh yes, apologies, I should have seen that. Must have been half asleep!

Sorry can't think of anything else at the moment. Did you post the issue on the Hermes Lite (Google) group?

Max

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

In one of your pictures i see you are running the radio's in 2 different sub-nets.
I don't have expirience with these radio's but try again within the same subnet as your PC/laptop.
regards, Leon

vk2im

Unread post by vk2im »

I've tried that, Leon. The 169.254.x.x are APIPA IPs. I've tried Static/DHCP/APIPA IPs with same results. I still think that the problem might be with the Radioberry emulation of Hermes-Lite. I should have access to second Hermes-Lite in few weeks time. I'll try it then with two Hermes-Lite and all might be just fine :)

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

vk2im wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:50 am I've tried that, Leon. The 169.254.x.x are APIPA IPs. I've tried Static/DHCP/APIPA IPs with same results. I still think that the problem might be with the Radioberry emulation of Hermes-Lite. I should have access to second Hermes-Lite in few weeks time. I'll try it then with two Hermes-Lite and all might be just fine :)
ok, thanks for the reply and success

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Vladimir, have you tried discarding the HL2 definition and recreating it? And are you sure it always gets the same address every time you reboot?

{^_^}

vk2im

Unread post by vk2im »

Radios run fine, no problem, but only one at the time with the SDR console. If one is running and I try to turn on other one then I get the error msg. If I Stop first one from within SDRC then I can Start the second one - without any power-cycle or any reset. Note that both radios can run together, at the same time, when I am using two instances of PowerSDR - radios must be set to two static IPs