strange behaviour slecting frequency

All bug reports here please
VK5HW

strange behaviour slecting frequency

Unread post by VK5HW »

Scrolling through the displayed frequency span the tuning bars disapear. Clicking on the signal tunes the radio to 10MHz WWV.

See attached screen recording.

SDR-C Ver.: 3.1 2320

Hauke (VK5HW)
Attachments
SDR Console 2021-09-06 16h 27m 54s.mp4
(11.67 MiB) Downloaded 66 times

VK7ZPD

Re: strange behaviour slecting frequency

Unread post by VK7ZPD »

+1 I have seen the same behaviour.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

I have not seen that but I have a set of profiles that come up showing 10 MHz in all 9 matrix windows - when tuned to 8 frequencies around say 162 MHz. As soon as the radio runs the matrix changes to the correct frequencies in the windows. The receivers strip shows the correct frequencies on program startup. I suspect 10 MHz is a default value for constructing the screen and somewhere that value never gets overridden by reality.

{^_^}

VK7ZPD

Unread post by VK7ZPD »

I’ve also noticed that shutting down and restarting SDR-Console resolves this problem, so I doubt that it’s related to a default value. From memory the issue occurs when a frequency has been previously set and so isn’t always in the same location. I’ve also posted about an issue with freezing on startup and by copying a backup of the /user/appdata/sdrconsole folder the freezing issue is resolved. I’m wondering now if this issue and the freezing issue are related and perhaps a result of corruption in the xml files.

VK7ZPD

Unread post by VK7ZPD »

Did some testing this morning. Testing was done using an RSPDX SDR as Identity 1.
The following method will replicate the issue.

On the 80m band add a second receiver to the display as per screenshot.
Access both receivers.
From the Favourites menu select WWV 10mhz then from the Favourites menu again select the 80 band
The second receiver display will have gone and in it's place the area will blank the cursor and when clicked will jump to the 30m band centred on 10mhz.
The same happens if multiple receivers are used on 80m and bands are changed using the Favourites menu, e.g. select 40 or 20m and return by selecting the Favourites 80m option.
If the same 80m band is selected and another bandwidth option selected from 80m Favourites the second receiver again disappears and the 10mhz jump behaviour is apparent.
The problem can be replicated on the 40m and 20m bands although not consistently the jump is still to the 30m band.
It appears that if a Band is selected above the band in use with multiple receivers, on return the second receiver will have disappeared and the blank cursor / Jump to 30m will occur.
If instead of returning to the band via Favouirites the Previous option (Counter Clockwise arrow on quick access toolbar) is used, boith receivers are retained on return and the blank cursor/jump to 10mhz doesn't happen.
Note that if the missing receiver is again added at any position on the display, the issue dissappears and if more than 2 receivers are added there will be multiple blank areas.

Why it jumps to the 30m band I can't determine.

Hope this helps.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (29.78 KiB) Viewed 434 times