Invert Spectrum

All bug reports here please
Vo1dza

Invert Spectrum

Unread post by Vo1dza »

Hi Simon,

One of my equipment configurations in my shack is running my Airspy connected to a buffered IF tap on my FT890. The FT890 upconverts to a 70.455 MHz. This gives me multiple receivers and the benefit of the waterfall.

Because I upconvert, LSB becomes USB on 80 meters (& etc.), and stations above my center frequency are left on the waterfall, and stations below are to the right.

If I invert the spectrum, then Console works correctly (almost)..... signals above/below my frequency of interest are where they should be.

However, when I was tuning around, I went to re-center (snap back to) on my station of interest, which was in the center of the waterfall (touch the button upper right), and the waterfall moved in the opposite direction to what it should. I further tested this by restarting without the spectrum inversion (and used USB for a LSB signal), the program did what i expected.

I don't think I missed a setting, so I thought I'd mention it in case this is an undocumented feature.

Keep up the great work. Love this program.

I must send you some dog food some time. What kind does he like.... Guinness? Smithwicks? Jaimeson?

Graham
VO1DZA