? - SDRC not tracking EXT-Radio with Crash Bug ?

All bug reports here please
N8CVW

? - SDRC not tracking EXT-Radio with Crash Bug ?

Unread post by N8CVW »

Greetings

Simon Brown has been graciously trying to help me locate the cause of this crashing problem :

Configuration-A was experiencing occasional crashes, but also occasional smooth operation. Simon instructed that this configuration was not intended, and to use Conf-B instead.

After switching to Configuration-B, all worked ok for a few days, then the SDRC Main VFO began failing to track all other VFOs :
WSJT-X, EXT-Radio, & FT817, all tracking together, but not SDRC Main VFO.

Environment :

WIN10, i7-4790

SDRC v3.1 (and all betas since 3AUG, and 3.0.26) + EXT-Radio

+ WSJT-X 2.5.2

+ Yaesu FT817

Configuration-A :

1) EXT-Radio connected to FT817 via Omnirig by USB-Serial adapter
2) WSJT-X communicating with SDRC via Omnirig1 (as radio entry)

Configuration-B :

2) WSJT-X communicating with SDRC via TS2000 emulation (as WSJT-X radio entry) by com0com virtual serial ports

The Conf-B 'non-tracking' issue coincidentally began sometime after the 10JAN22 WIN10 Automatic Update.

We're still sorting through this. If anyone is seeing something similar please reply here.

Thanks & 73

Paul
N8CVW

N8CVW

Re: ? - SDRC not tracking EXT-Radio with Crash Bug ?

Unread post by N8CVW »

Greetings All,

There's a strange new discovery :

I have noticed that SDRC crashes -ONLY- when WSJT-X band hops to 6 meters AND ABOVE ! :

here's what happens,

EXT-RADIO tracks -IF- the external radio can switch to the band (eg, FT817 cannot switch to 220MHz / 1.25 meters),

BUT, SDRC Main VFO does not track EXT-RADIO -IF- 6 meters or Above, in which case SDRC crashes.

As before, SDRC will only communicate with WSJT-X via Omnirig (as configured with EXT-RADIO),

SDRC will not communicate with WSJT-X via its TS2000 Emulation using a com0com virtual serial port.

However, this did work for a day or two but died seemingly coincident with a WIN10 Update on 10JAN2022.

Is anyone else experiencing this ?

Paul
N8CVW

Environment :

WIN10, i7-4790

SDRC v3.1 (and all betas since 3AUG, and 3.0.26) + EXT-Radio

+ Omnirig 1.20

+ WSJT-X 2.5.4 (previously 2.5.2 on prior post in this thread)

+ Yaesu FT817

Configuration-A :

2) WSJT-X communicating with SDRC via Omnirig1 (as radio entry)

Configuration-B :

2) WSJT-X (not) communicating with SDRC via TS2000 emulation (as WSJT-X radio entry) by com0com virtual serial ports

N8CVW

Re: ? - SDRC not tracking EXT-Radio (+ WSJT-X) with Crash Bug ?

Unread post by N8CVW »

Additional Observation :

Regarding the preceding configuration (Conf-A) :

If SDRC is manually tuned to 6 meters / 50.293, and everything works, WSJT-X also tracks to 50.293 and functions OK.

But, if WSJT-X is band-hopped to 6 meters (or above), EXT-RADIO tracks the freq change, but SDRC Main VFO does not track, and repeatably precipitates the crash.

This suggests to me that SDRC is hearing something from Omnirig that it doesn't like.

To reiterate, Simon instructs me -NOT- to employ this configuration where SDRC is not communicating directly with WSJT-X through its TS2000 Emulation via virtual serial port pair,

however, that (Conf-B) does not communicate, although "Test CAT" does give status GREEN.

N8CVW

Improved w/ WSJTX debug on ... Re: ? - SDRC not tracking EXT-Radio with Crash Bug ?

Unread post by N8CVW »

Greetings All

I've been working this issue at the WSJTX Forum also,

I was provided the "wsjtx_log_config.ini" file by Michael Black W9MDB ,

running in debug has caused much improvement :

both my Configurations A & B began working with WSJTX band-hopping on all bands.

I'm guessing that in debug mode WSJTX is slowed from thrashing SDRC too quickly.

Updates to the saga as they arrive ...

Paul
N8CVW