FIXED: Sync RX not working with undocked Transmit Pane

All bug reports here please
DL5CV

FIXED: Sync RX not working with undocked Transmit Pane

Unread post by DL5CV »

Hi Forum,

i've noticed some weird behaviour with Receive or Transmit Pane undocked.

1. Frequency or Mode doesn't change when TX Pane is undocked:
Sync RX on Frequency and Sync RX on Mode are both activated.
Frequency doesn't change neither with mouse wheel on the waterfall nor via changing it in Receiver Pane nor via MIDI.

2. Frequency Display not tracked when RX Pane is undocked:
Changing frequency with mouse wheel in waterfall does change the RX Frequency display.
Changing frequency with MIDI Input doesn't change the RX frequency Display in the Receiver Pane, but the frequency is correctly changed in the waterfall/spectrum display.

I'm currently using August Version 2.1 build 2319. But i've noticed that behaviour with earlier versions too.

Best regards

Chris, DL5CV
Attachments
Screenshot-2022-02-22-164231.jpeg
2022-02-22 RX TX Pane undocked..JPG
Last edited by DL5CV on Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Max

Re: Sync RX not working with undocked Transmit Pane

Unread post by Max »

DL5CV wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:47 pm Frequency or Mode doesn't change when TX Pane is undocked:
Sync RX on Frequency and Sync RX on Mode are both activated.
Frequency doesn't change neither with mouse wheel on the waterfall nor via changing it in Receiver Pane nor via MIDI.

Best regards

Chris, DL5CV

Hi Chris

I don't see any of these issues at all, and I run HL2 like you. Undocked one DSP widow at a time then both DSP undocked. Only issue I cannot test is MIDI as I have no need for it (yet). I'm running latest Beta, but I did downgrade back to 3.1 Release version and still no issues.

Wonder, as you mention MIDI, is it possible MIDI controller is causing an issue. Did you try turning off MIDI/disconnecting any MIDI controller and re-testing?

Max

DL5CV

Unread post by DL5CV »

Hi Max,

no it's independent of having MIDI activated or not.

I did some more tests and it seems, that this is only when RX and TX DSP are docked together like in my screenshot. when having them in separate "windows" it seems to sync.

Max

Unread post by Max »

DL5CV wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:51 am Hi Max

I did some more tests and it seems, that this is only when RX and TX DSP are docked together like in my screenshot. when having them in separate "windows" it seems to sync.
Ah, OK Chris. I absolutely agree!

If the two DSP panels are docked (side by side in my case), adjusting the TX DSP frequency adjusts all as normal, but adjusting the RX DSP frequency, the TX DSP frequency does not track. And, adjusting main spectrum panel frequency, only RX DSP tracks, not TX DSP.

And yes, setting mode in the RX DSP panel, the TX DSP never tracks.

Good catch, and a pretty weird one!

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

Max wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:44 pm
DL5CV wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:51 am Hi Max

Ah, OK Chris. I absolutely agree!

Max
Forgot to say Simon, I am seeing this in the latest Beta (I think), Feb 22nd, Build 2523. Also to totally clarify, this issue only seems to occur with the two DSP panels separated from the main window but docked with each other. I think Chris made that clear in his first post, but just to verify. Does not seem to make any difference which DSP window in on the left or right.

Simon, while you have a look at this one, also small point (not related) is when RX DSP panel is narrowed to the narrowest width it just clips off some text on the AGC settings.

Max

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

"only when RX and TX DSP are docked together" : that was my conclusion too.
regards, Leon

btw it's proberbly v 3.1 you are using ;)

Max

Unread post by Max »

DL5CV wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:51 am Hi Max,

Chris

I've raised this with Simon in the Test Team and he has now found and fixed it. Should appear in the next Beta download. Thanks for spotting it.

Max

DL5CV

Unread post by DL5CV »

Hi Max,
i've read it in the latest release notes and i'll give it a try in the next days.

best 73s
Chris

DL5CV

Unread post by DL5CV »

Hi Forum,

works like a charm now :)

Tnx guys for fixing it.