Possible Bug Noise Blanker and NR filters have no effect R-8600

All bug reports here please
gorio1961

Possible Bug Noise Blanker and NR filters have no effect R-8600

Unread post by gorio1961 »

First, I love the SDR COnsole interface for my R-8600. I have noticed that the Noise Blanker (enabled) and NR filters (NR1 thru NR4) have no effect on R-8600 received signals.

jdow

Re: Possible Bug Noise Blanker and NR filters have no effect R-8600

Unread post by jdow »

Perhaps you could explain better. Are you listening on the R-8600 or on SDRC, for example. (SDRC's noise blanker selections cannot affect R-8600 audio in that case.)

A picture or pictures showing your SDRC interface full size (not shrunk down tiny) would likely help diagnose the issue.

{^_^}

gorio1961

Unread post by gorio1961 »

jdow wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:59 pm Perhaps you could explain better. Are you listening on the R-8600 or on SDRC, for example. (SDRC's noise blanker selections cannot affect R-8600 audio in that case.)

A picture or pictures showing your SDRC interface full size (not shrunk down tiny) would likely help diagnose the issue.

{^_^}
I am using the RS-8600 as an SDR, interfacing with SDR Console. I did a brief search and discovered a few of the intricacies of the NR filters in various modes. Image

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

It looks like using the controls to find what works best for the conditions you work with is called for. There is no reason if the audio comes from SDRC that the noise reduction should do nothing. Some modes work better than others. And the best one changes with the type of noise.

(And simply upload the image here. Forcing it off to Imagur or whatever it is does not work very well. The image icon is to the left of the little Earth over a whatzit icon on the top row for the fancy editor. Float your mouse over the icons to see what they do.)

{^_^}