Console is not taking radio band and frequeny, no spots shown in spectrum window

All bug reports here please
df9lj

Console is not taking radio band and frequeny, no spots shown in spectrum window

Unread post by df9lj »

I´m new to this forum because it´s the first time I have problems. I can´t really figure out how it started but this is how it is now:
I´m using Win 11 21H2 build 22000.675
and two times RSP1A. First the RSP1A´s couldn´t started. Seems I had some driver problems. Got some support und could settle things but only for short.
I uninstalled all SDRplay software, deleted the drivers, did the driver purge and deleted all files form AppData/Roaming. I also uninstalled SDR Console.

Then I started with a all new installation from the SDRplay website choosing Win11 and RSP1A. I installed SDRUno with latest API and after that SDR Console.
It shows driver date: 21.07.2019 Version 5.22.11.16
SDRUno installation 1.41.1
SDR Console 3.1 April 12th 2022 64 bit
I´m using SDR Console with external Radio option via Omni Rig.
What happend is that after the new installation everything works fine.
And here it comes: WhenI closed SDR-Console and started it again and nothing was working. The spectrum/waterfall showed no signals any more and the frequency scale on the spectrum showed some arbitrary band/frequency which had nothing to do with the band/frequency shown in the external radio window. The sync via Omni rig only affects the external radio window in real time but not the spectrum any more. I tried everything I could think of but I don´t get it working in a reproducable way any longer.

There´s another small issue: when all this trouble started I could also not show any cluster spots in the spectrum any more. Everything neccessary is activated the spots are shown in the cluster window in real time but nothing shows up in the spectrum any longer. I have no clue why this doesn´t work any longer.

Any ideas? I appreciate your help

Joe, DF9LJ

Max

Re: Console is not taking radio band and frequeny, no spots shown in spectrum window

Unread post by Max »

df9lj wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:39 pm The sync via Omni rig only affects the external radio window in real time but not the spectrum any more. I tried everything I could think of but I don´t get it working in a reproducable way any longer.

There´s another small issue: when all this trouble started I could also not show any cluster spots in the spectrum any more. Everything neccessary is activated the spots are shown in the cluster window in real time but nothing shows up in the spectrum any longer. I have no clue why this doesn´t work any longer.

Any ideas? I appreciate your help

Joe, DF9LJ
Hi Joe

Cluster problem...... did you check that you do not have a small expiry time set for the spots in the settings for Cluster? Also "connect when start" ticked?
Cluster.jpg
Sorry, can't really help with the external radio issue as I don't use it but I do use Omni Rig. Which version of Omni Rig are you using? I seem to recall that Simon only supports Omni-Rig V1. I use 1.18 with no issues with several programs. If you are using Omni-Rig V2 try reverting to Omni-Rig V1. And of course must be TS2000 protocol selected in Omni Rig?

Also assume you have read these pages?

https://www.sdr-radio.com/SerialPort
https://www.sdr-radio.com/external-radio

Max