Automatic Mode change

All bug reports here please
hurz_66

Automatic Mode change

Unread post by hurz_66 »

Hi, i´m using SDR Radio now for several Years an im very happy with it.
(donatet too)
But when i use the mousewheel to tune often the mode switches to another mode, i.e. usb to lsb.
Is this a bug or a feature?
I can´t find where i can switch it of.

thx

michael

KA1GJU

Re: Automatic Mode change

Unread post by KA1GJU »

To use the mouse scroll wheel to tune, the mouse has to be somewhere over the spectrum scope or on the water fall. You can also place it over any one of the frequency digits in the DSP widow if you have that displayed.
You can also revers the direction of the scroll wheel if you go to Receive on the ribbon bar, then click on View, then Options. ie Roll forward to increase frequency and roll back to decrease frequency.
I'm not sure how you are able to scroll through your Mode's with the scroll bar, not doing it on my version 3.2 build 2720 Dated September 7, 2022 at 17:39:38. Probably a little out of date, but for what I do, it's just fine.
What version do you have? Click on Help on ribbon bar, then About Version 3 in the support window of the ribbon bar.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

hurz_66

Unread post by hurz_66 »

Thx for Your reply.
My version is 3.2 build 2731.
Mouse insite waterfall or one receifer matrix window, mousewheel tuning changes mode from lsb to usb.
Filter changes in some cases, too.
i tested it now several times in receifer matrix.
Mouse over frequency digits changes the belonging digits just fine wothout touching Filter or mode.

hurz_66

Unread post by hurz_66 »

As i noticed by now it seem the Problem only occurs when i am using favorites/receiver matrix and try to change the active frequency in one of the receifers.
Without favorites/receiver matrix but receiverpane it seems to work just fine.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

It likely depends on what you clicked last and what your mouse is over.
{^_^}

hurz_66

Unread post by hurz_66 »

I am not a beginner in the computer or sdr buisness.
There is no point to change the mode when i scroll the mousewheel while the pointer ist over an active receifer window.

Peter

Unread post by Peter »

If you scroll the mouse wheel while hovering over a receiver window other than the active receiver window, that receiver immediately become the selected one.
You will no doubt have noticed that the changes in Mode and Filter are not random, but are the very ones you previously selected for the now active receiver.
No mystery.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

hurz-99, this behavior you cite as wrong is Microsoft default. To work around it requires a lot of effort and then you still do not have everybody pleased with the results. I for one despise a system that insists the scroll wheel is only for mode change.

It does occur to me that Simon could make a little "safe spot" on the various spectrum and waterfall displays to make that window the active one for scroll wheel fiddling - as long as the scroll wheel is NOT over a frequency readout digit. In that case it would scroll that frequency digit, with rollover. But even that is awkward to work out. (And when I did it on my own play toy even that was unsatisfying.)

{^_^}