Console won't Start with SDRPlay RSP1A

All bug reports here please
NN7D

Console won't Start with SDRPlay RSP1A

Unread post by NN7D »

New user, have SDRPlay connected to Rcv Out on my IC-7600, nothing connected to Recv In, so using Console for spectrum and audio. I got it working yesterday, but now it won't connect or play anything from SDRPlay. Long story, after I had Console working, I setup N1MM+ Spectrum Display using the SDRPlay device. In doing so, had to install the ExtIO dll's. I got it working, but then when I went back to using Console, I could not get it to work. Note, never tried to run them at the same time. This was on my shack's tower computer running Win10.

But, I can run Console on my Win10 laptop using the SDRPlay device just fine. So its something in my tower install.

I tried uninstalling everything, and reinstalling Console but it just will not start.

Attached is a screen shot.
SDRConsole.JPG
I would include a log file, but don't know where they are stored. Nothing under help menu to open log file directory. This would be a good addition to the program in my view.

Thanks for any help,

Doug
NN7D

NN7D

Re: Console won't Start with SDRPlay RSP1A

Unread post by NN7D »

Ah, I found the log file which is attached. Still don't know where the file is located, but found the Logfile button under Tools.

Log file says device not found, but its clearly there. It shows up in the list of Radios. See screen shot of this...
SDR Console Log.txt
(24.58 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Thanks,

Doug
Attachments
SDRConsole2.JPG

NN7D

Re: Console won't Start with SDRPlay RSP1A

Unread post by NN7D »

I am pleased to report I figured out the issue. I had to open Select Radio, then click on definitions, and do a new search for radios. It found the same SDRPlay, but named it a bit differently. I then selected this new definition and it started. Working fine.

As is often the case, writing out the issue often leads to more thought and a solution. Thanks for listening!

Doug
NN7D