SDR Conole 3.3 Build 2848 Crash Issue

All bug reports here please
RadioSDR1

SDR Conole 3.3 Build 2848 Crash Issue

Unread post by RadioSDR1 »

SDR Console 3.3 Build 2848 will crash (at least for me) if there is an attempt to right click on an open area of the toolbar. Since nobody else has posted a report about this, I am not sure if this behavior is unique to me or not. I am able to repro this in a new empty identity so I don't think it's just me. But who knows. When SRC crashes, the ubiquitous "Please Wait" shows up but never leaves so SDC has to be killed in Task Manager.

In the previous iterations of SDC one could select a Quick Access Toolbar command option for SNR and with the release of 2848, that appears to be gone. In my case, my default meter is digital in SNR. But sometimes I want to switch to S units or dBm for signal strength from the Quick Access Toolbar which I can still do. But now I can no longer get out of or back into SNR without hunting through the menu options. :(

Since release notes indicate work is apparently being done in the Ribbon Bar neighborhood, I thought I would mention a few quirks with the Quick Access Toolbar that are still unaddressed such as the Separator Bar not being retained after the next restart of SDC nor any Quick Access option that is only present when SDC is running (i e Bandwidth, etc.). Also there is no Quick Access option for anything in the DSP Panel (such as modes and filters). Additionally many options in the Quick Access Toolbar menu are ambiguous as to exactly which function they tied to.

The smaller icons for Favorites is nice...it might be helpful if there could be some way to change all icons in one pass to small or large in addition to the existing ability to change them one at a time.

Max

Re: SDR Conole 3.3 Build 2848 Crash Issue

Unread post by Max »

RadioSDR1 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:24 pm SDR Console 3.3 Build 2848 will crash (at least for me) if there is an attempt to right click on an open area of the toolbar. Since nobody else has posted a report about this, I am not sure if this behavior is unique to me or not.
It's not you. I've just reproduced in in Build 2850, which I think is the latest. I get the "Please Wait" crash too. I guess that means Simon can reproduce it himself to test. If not, what do you want Simon?

Max

RadioSDR1

Thanks Max. And if that test build you have just happens to have a fix for NR4, how can I get that?

Just kidding!!! :)

Max

Unread post by Max »

RadioSDR1 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:28 pm Thanks Max. And if that test build you have just happens to have a fix for NR4, how can I get that?

Just kidding!!! :)
Ask Simon to be put on test Team! (I thought you already were?)

Also, I think only two very minor changes from the latest published Beta and just checked definitely no changes to NR4!

Best

Max

RadioSDR1

I am not a test team member. Not sure how to do that. So if Simon is eavesdropping and wants to include me, I'd be fine with that so let me know what to do. Not sure how dutiful of a tester I'd be. Might not be able to test each release if I'm distracted with something else but if casual best effort testing makes one eligible for the test team, then Simon can sign me up!

lappydesktop

Unread post by lappydesktop »

Crash has happened to me also several times on desktop and laptop .

A strange other thing , when i did a video recording the video was upside down and back to front but audio ok and even though i tried restarting 3.3 it would not record another just messaging that the file was in captures folder and was zero bytes , i'll try a computer restart later on and try it again , so far all good apart from that .

Playing around with a new SDRplay RSPdx .

edit/added , regarding the video i found the tick box "Invert Video" :lol: