POSSIBLE BUG? RADIO VFO NOT RESPONDING IN SOFTWARE

All bug reports here please
KJ7SEB

POSSIBLE BUG? RADIO VFO NOT RESPONDING IN SOFTWARE

Unread post by KJ7SEB »

Hi
I'm not sure if this a a bug, glitch or operator error. I'm using a Yaesu 1200 with SRDPlay Dx and today I noticed my VFO knob no longer tracks in the SDR Console software. The radio is connected and tracking. I can move the mouse within the waterfall and it will move the frequency on my 1200. Plus I can put the mouse pointer in the IF area and use the mouse scroll wheel and move the frequency which will also move on the radio as well. However, If I turn the big Ol' VFO knob on my 1200 it will not move or track on the SDR Console software.

I'm currently using v3.3 (which I downloaded today) and had the same issue on v3.2

Any ideas on what the issue could be?
Thanks,
John
KJ7SEB

Max

Re: POSSIBLE BUG? RADIO VFO NOT RESPONDING IN SOFTWARE

Unread post by Max »

KJ7SEB wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:47 am Hi
I'm not sure if this a a bug, glitch or operator error. I'm using a Yaesu 1200 with SRDPlay Dx and today I noticed my VFO knob no longer tracks in the SDR Console software. The radio is connected and tracking. I can move the mouse within the waterfall and it will move the frequency on my 1200. Plus I can put the mouse pointer in the IF area and use the mouse scroll wheel and move the frequency which will also move on the radio as well. However, If I turn the big Ol' VFO knob on my 1200 it will not move or track on the SDR Console software.

John
KJ7SEB
Did you read all the notes about external radios in this link, especially the part about setting up Omnirig?

https://www.sdr-radio.com/external-radio

Are you in fact using the "External Radio" option for this? If so, what version of Omnirig are you using? As far as I know SDR Console needs Omnirig 1.2, not version 2.1.

http://dxatlas.com/omnirig/

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

KJ7SEB wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:47 am Hi
I'm not sure if this a a bug, glitch or operator error. I'm using a Yaesu 1200 with SRDPlay Dx and today I noticed my VFO knob no longer tracks in the SDR Console software.
Any ideas on what the issue could be?
Thanks,
John
KJ7SEB
John

Also check these tick boxes (see attachment) in the External Radio settings (question mark top right of External Radio panel. Have you got the boxes checked for both directions?

Max
Attachments
External.jpg

KJ7SEB

Unread post by KJ7SEB »

Hi Max
Thanks for the reply.
I can confirm I'm using OmniRig 1.2 with the exact same settings in your attachment.
Also the External Radio box is working and shows connected to OmniRig TS-2000 Online.

When I installed the SRD Console software and hooked up the SDR Play, everything was working just fine and the Yaesu 1200 vfo knob was tracking perfectly. The issue of the knob stopping tracking happened a few days ago when I got my HRD software working with the HRD Logger program (auto-logging with WSJT_X). I'm wondering if its some type of port conflict?

The SDR Console software will track and control the radio if I move the mouse and click within the waterfall it will change the frequency on the yaesu 1200.

Thanks,
John - KJ&SEB

KJ7SEB

Unread post by KJ7SEB »

IMG_3552.jpg
IMG_3552.jpg (39.56 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
IMG_3551.jpg
IMG_3551.jpg (45.85 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
IMG_3549.jpg
IMG_3549.jpg (37.58 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
Attachments
IMG_3550.jpg
IMG_3550.jpg (33.63 KiB) Viewed 2310 times

Max

Unread post by Max »

KJ7SEB wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:59 pm When I installed the SRD Console software and hooked up the SDR Play, everything was working just fine and the Yaesu 1200 vfo knob was tracking perfectly. The issue of the knob stopping tracking happened a few days ago when I got my HRD software working with the HRD Logger program (auto-logging with WSJT_X). I'm wondering if its some type of port conflict?

The SDR Console software will track and control the radio if I move the mouse and click within the waterfall it will change the frequency on the yaesu 1200.

Thanks,
John - KJ&SEB
Hi again John

Actually a Com port conflict was the first thing that came to mind, but thought we would check the external radio settings first. Seem OK.

Please excuse me if I state what you already know (and in fact I hope my own understanding is correct) but for every application you need a dedicated pair of ports, one to SDRC and one to the application. This pair ports can't be shared with other applications (at least that's both my understanding and also my experience). For myself I add virtual serial port pairs using VSP Manager from K5FR. I keep the odd numbered ones for SDRC and the even number ports for the application. So for example, for WSJT-X I use Com13 for SDRC and Com14 for WSJT-X. For VARA I have Com5 for SDRC and Com6 for VARA.

I'm sure you've already looked at this but I've learned never to assume anything when answering queries.

I don't run and never have run an external radio so sorry to say that's about as far as my knowledge goes. Your Omnirig settings do appear to be correct. Perhaps someone with the same or similar radio can pick this one up?

Good luck!

Max