Mode and filter buttons changing labels ramdomly

All bug reports here please
py2oc

Mode and filter buttons changing labels ramdomly

Unread post by py2oc »

Hello.

I'm running SDR Console version 3.3 build 2870 (64 bit) on Windows 10.
When moving the mouse over Mode or Filter buttons the labels names changes ramdomly. For example, moving the mouse over Mode "..." button its label changes to "CW-U" and moving the mouse over Filter "2.2kHz" button its label changes to "2.6kHz".
It seems to happen only on the first row of buttons (the upper row).

Is that a possible bug?

73 de PY2OC, Luiz

Peter

Re: Mode and filter buttons changing labels ramdomly

Unread post by Peter »

Hi Luiz,

FWIW, this behavior is NOT seen on my W7 and W11 machines, both running build 2870 64bit.

Perhaps a re-install may help.

Regards, Pete.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

By default it should not do that. But, if you have defined your own filter for say CW-U and you select CW-L you may have to redefine it. I believe the selected filter and the filter selections are user defined for each mode even though they come with useful defaults.
{^_^}

Max

Unread post by Max »

py2oc wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:51 am Hello.

I'm running SDR Console version 3.3 build 2870 (64 bit) on Windows 10.
When moving the mouse over Mode or Filter buttons the labels names changes randomly. For example, moving the mouse over Mode "..." button its label changes to "CW-U" and moving the mouse over Filter "2.2kHz" button its label changes to "2.6kHz".

73 de PY2OC, Luiz
Just downloaded and ran 2870 (64bit). Not seeing anything like that here (Win11). Maybe try a Reset?

https://www.sdr-radio.com/reset

Max

py2oc

Unread post by py2oc »

Hello guys.

I did all of your recommendations, including completely uninstall and fresh install, but no success.
The Mode and Filter buttons still changing their names randomly when moving the mouse over them. Also, the bar "Scale, Low, High, >|<, Zoom" in the main window disappear when moving mouse over it.
I'll try another way. Maybe the display driver is causing that behaviour.

Thanks for help.

73 de PY2OC, Luiz

py2oc

Unread post by py2oc »

Hello.

I found out the root cause of the strange buttons label behaviour.
I have a TFTP Server software (Open TFTP Server) installed on Windows and running its service, affects the behaviour of some graphics, including the SDR Console buttons labels.
Disabling the TFTP Server service solved the buttons issue on SDR Console.

73 de PY2OC, Luiz

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

I would take that TFTP server software and dispose of it as radioactive waste if it does that. Hell, I'd erase all copies but one, move that one to a sacrificial USB key so it thinks it still has a chance of life and won't try to escape your cleanup cycle above. Once it is safely on the key and not on your disks pull the key. Rapidly wrap it in alternating layers of aluminum foil, lead foil, and wax for at least 7 layers. Find an oak stick, make a point on it, and fire harden it. Then on a Moonless night take it to a crossroads and bury it at least 7' under ground. Just before back filling the hole drive the stick home through it's heart. Back fill the hole and get the heck out of there. Maybe that will protect you from it.

Seriously, with the protection between processes in Windows what you see SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. Something spooky is going on. I'd worry about the display driver, as well. (AMD or NVIDIA? Reports and experience with AMD drivers suggest I not be surprised about anything with regards to AMD drivers.)

{O.O}