Filter Spill Over / Leakage /Clicking

All bug reports here please
JeryAllen

Filter Spill Over / Leakage /Clicking

Unread post by JeryAllen »

May not be a bug but an observation.
SDR Play RSPDX, Virtual audio (Voicemeeter Potato)

The filters appear to "leak" for lack of another word. Example with a 4khz default filter applied, the audio is roughly 100-4000, however there is a spike outside/above the filter range in the actual audio stream from approximately 4k to 6k (see attached). This spike at times is audible and is a source of audio clicking. To resolve this a simple 72db slope Low Pass filter in the audio chain resolves the clicking. See attached...

I have tried editing the filters to different windowing, length etc. no resolution.

SDR Uno does not exhibit this but I dislike SDR Uno due to the convoluted interface.
Attachments
Wide-Open.JPG
Low-Pass-Enabled.JPG

jdow

Re: Filter Spill Over / Leakage /Clicking

Unread post by jdow »

Best you find a group that specializes in the SDRPlay and the SDR software you are using. That's not SDR Console. This group is related to Simon's "SDR-Radio (V3)" software, which includes SDR Console.

{^_^}

JeryAllen

Unread post by JeryAllen »

I was under the impression this is the SDR Console Software forum? SDR Console has this issue.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

This is true. But what you pictured does not show SDR Console running. The picture insists it's TDR Nova or something like that. That is not part of SDRC.

How about attaching a full size (attached) screen capture of SDRC shpwing the "Home" ribbon while it is running? That will provide a lot of information that might help diagnose what is going on. As it is your problem could be from any of a depressingly large number of conceptually possible problems.

{o.o}