can anyone help me with this bug? this only happens on SDR Console V3

All bug reports here please
goncalopolido

can anyone help me with this bug? this only happens on SDR Console V3

Unread post by goncalopolido »

im using a RTL SDR v3 , this happens when i use the right button of my mouse to move around the frequency or when i click on the center button, and no, this is not a dc spike, this thing its "jumping".
Attachments
a.mp4
video
(6.62 MiB) Downloaded 26 times

KA1GJU

Re: can anyone help me with this bug? this only happens on SDR Console V3

Unread post by KA1GJU »

It may be the action of SDRC, for it attemptsto eliminate or reduce the DC spike. I can watch it slowly remove the DC spike on my SDR-iq. It depends upon the operating bandwidth as to how fast it removes it.
For "real" HF monitoring, do yourself a huge favor and buy a real SDR that's designed for HF. I gave up on RTL's years ago and they are only used for ADSB reception for FlightRadar24. My personal favorite is the AIrspy HF+ discovery. No Zadig driver games to set up, just insert the USB cable and let Windows install it. It's really Plug n Play. There's a reason I have 10 of them (plus other mfgs) available online via my SDRC Servers. (KA1GJU Super Stations)
Operating the Airpsy HF+ Discovery is very easy, there's not that many controls to tweak to get good results, unlike the SDRplay series of SDR's where you have three variables ( RF Gain, IF attenuation, Visual Gain).

73 Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

Max

Re: can anyone help me with this bug? this only happens on SDR Console V3

Unread post by Max »

goncalopolido wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:30 pm im using a RTL SDR v3 , this happens when i use the right button of my mouse to move around the frequency or when i click on the center button, and no, this is not a dc spike, this thing its "jumping".
Yes, I have RTL-SDR V3. Yes, I confirm mine does exactly the same. It IS the centre DC spike. It's just that when you RIGHT CLICK to move around, the radio hardware frequency is re-centred. yes, it takes half a second for it to re-centre int he actual display, but it IS the centre of the radio bandwidth. You can confirm this by LEFT clicking around the spike. It stays centred. Every time you force a display move by right-clicking you are forcing a re-tune of the radio. That's what you are seeing. It is not a bug. It's expected behaviour with a radio of this type.
I find this for most set bandwidths that are whole x.0 or x.5 MHz on this radio.

Change the bandwidth to the RTL-SDR "native" bandwidth of 2048 instead of the 1.5 MHz you have it set to at the moment. It goes away.

Max