Workaround freezes when changing band or clicking memory with External Radio enabled

All bug reports here please
ON7OFF

Workaround freezes when changing band or clicking memory with External Radio enabled

Unread post by ON7OFF »

I'd suggest the following corrections to improve the clarity and tone of the text:

"I wanted to share with everyone a workaround that I discovered to avoid SDR Console freezing when changing bands with External Radio enabled. It seems that too much data is being sent to the external radio, causing SDR Console to hang. If this happens, the only option is to force close or end the task and restart SDR Console.

For my setup with Omnirig and Kenwood TS-480, I found that adding a specific entry to my favorites resolved the issue. Please see the attached image for details.

Do not add any frequency.

When you want to switch bands and/or go to another entry in your favorites, click on this 'empty' one first and then on the next favorite you wish to QSY. Now SDR Console won't freeze any more and you can switch frequencies and bands without issues. So it always click the empty one first then the next favorite.

If anyone else is experiencing this problem, I hope this workaround helps.

Additionally, I kindly request that Simon take a moment to review the post linked below. I believe addressing this issue would make a significant difference in the quality of my livestreams.
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1841

Thank you for your attention and support.