SDR Console quits with Andrus after a while

kb5ag

SDR Console quits with Andrus after a while

Unread post by kb5ag »

I am working on a screenshot, but here's what happens.

I have been using SDR Console with my Andrus MK1.5 for some time, in network mode. It works great. The trouble is, if I go away and leave it running for a couple of hours, if I am copying WEFAX or something that requires sitting for a while, when I come back it's not working. What it looks like is the input to the software is way too high, and the spectrum and waterfall are completely white. It is still moving. There is no audio.
If I restart SDR Console, it starts working again for another couple of hours. It will very reliably die like this. I have the last firmware on the SDR, and just to be sure, I flashed it again yesterday. No difference.

I also use a cheap RTL-SDR connected with USB. It never dies on SDR Console. I have tried the Andrus on network mode with SdrDx. It never dies. So it seems to be the combination of this radio and the software.

Anyone else have this experience?

John KB5AG

jdow

Re: SDR Console quits with Andrus after a while

Unread post by jdow »

Would you please produce a picture of this before and after it stalls? That might tell Simon something to lead him to the problem.
{^_^}

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

kb5ag wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:10 pm I am working on a screenshot, but here's what happens.

I have been using SDR Console with my Andrus MK1.5 for some time, in network mode. It works great. The trouble is, if I go away and leave it running for a couple of hours, if I am copying WEFAX or something that requires sitting for a while, when I come back it's not working. What it looks like is the input to the software is way too high, and the spectrum and waterfall are completely white. It is still moving. There is no audio.
If I restart SDR Console, it starts working again for another couple of hours. It will very reliably die like this. I have the last firmware on the SDR, and just to be sure, I flashed it again yesterday. No difference.

I also use a cheap RTL-SDR connected with USB. It never dies on SDR Console. I have tried the Andrus on network mode with SdrDx. It never dies. So it seems to be the combination of this radio and the software.

Anyone else have this experience?

John KB5AG
A screenshot only takes a few seconds, please add one.

Don't allow the screensaver to kick in.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

kb5ag

Unread post by kb5ag »

Hi, Simon. I would love to add a screenshot, but now I can't replicate the problem. I do still have problems with the attenuator seeming to stop working (I have a large antenna on the radio and without attenuation at night, it overloads). If I click on 0db attn and then back to 30db attn, all is well. If I can get a shot of the screen acting up, I will surely send it to you.

John KB5AG

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

kb5ag

Unread post by kb5ag »

Thanks, Simon. Good information. My problem is with a LAN connected Andrus SDR, but I do have an Airspy HF+ that uses USB, so I will need the advice for that. I will tell you that I am having lots of fun trying all the SDR software I can find, but always come back to SDR Console. John KB5AG