sdr-radio website layout

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
andrewmlove

sdr-radio website layout

Unread post by andrewmlove »

Hello,
This is my first post and I'm not sure if this is the right place...

A quick intro. I'm a radio amateur, vk2ezf, licenced for 50 years, ex IT professional, and have been using various SDR software for a number of years. But only just came across sdr console after seeing a number of very positive reviews on ham radio sites and youtube, so I'm keen to find out more.

I just want to offer some feedback on the sdr-radio.com website. I went to sdr-radio.com to download sdr console and start my journey of discovery. However, I have to say I found it really difficult to find what I wanted as on arrival I was greeted with the following page
sdr-radio capture.PNG
As you can see, only about one third of the page is actual website information, and even then, it doesn't tell me much!
I'm using firefox and my screen is 1920x1080. I'm not sure if it's something in my settings but even when I scrolled down, all the google ad blocks are really large and take up at least 50% of my screen height when present. For me at least, this makes reading the relevant material on the screen really tiresome.

It's ok, I did eventually find the download and am now exploring the software - but it might be an idea to look into making the pages a bit more usable.

Thanks for what looks like a great application.
Andrew

G4ZFQ

Re: sdr-radio website layout

Unread post by G4ZFQ »

Andrew,

It is up to Simon but may I just say that many web sites are like this nowadays.
You have to look very carefully to get the information and especially the correct links.
I guess the site is offered free but at a price of frustration for the users.
I hate to say it but unless Simon charges for his software then maybe we just have to get used to it.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

AdBlock works wonders!

Just sayin'!

73 Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

lappydesktop

Unread post by lappydesktop »

KA1GJU wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:25 am AdBlock works wonders!

Just sayin'!

73 Kriss KA1GJU
DuckDuckGo search engine also has their own propriety blocker to install called Privacy essentials , it seems to do good also .

Ok on Adblock , i used to use "Origins" , it worked well .

Now just trying DDG for the last month or so . , cheers Paul VK4AGK

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

I like to leave myself logged in on a browser and turn the adblocker off so the ads come in and er ah get ignored. Maybe that helps Simon - when I remember to do that.
{o.o}