Receive window not updating/refreshing after frequency scroll with mouse

All bug reports here please
G4UCJ

Receive window not updating/refreshing after frequency scroll with mouse

Unread post by G4UCJ »

Using the latest Beta release and have noticed something odd - this may be a new 'feature', but it feels more like a bug. When scrolling frequency steps in the 'Receive' window, the main display is not updating/refreshing. There are ways to resolve this, but neither are as convenient as when the display auto updated as the frequency was scrolled. Press the 'centre' button on the 'Lock' menu each time you scroll outside of the currently displayed frequency range; Drag the 'Span' indicator to the desired frequency range.
If you enter a frequency directly, the displayed span does not change/update and remains on the previously selected frequency. I was checking 20m, with the receiver centred on 14220. I entered 17550 as I wanted to check the SW broadcast band up there but the receiver remained on 14220. The frequency displayed shows 17550, as does the frequency shown on the main receive window, but the main receive window is still locked to 14220. I have 'auto centre' selected, and made sure the receiver is unlocked. I hadn't noticed this happening before - usually if I scroll, the window changes/updates with the scroll.

Additionally, when I tried to take a screenshot, the console says that the screenshot had been taken and where it had been saved to, as it would usually, except now it is not actually saving a screenshot. I had the folder open and nothing was being written to it and I couldn't view the screenshot. This is new behaviour as the screenshot used to work fine. Re-installing didn't change anything. The next step would be to install an older make and see if the behaviour is replicated.
This is the only PC with Windows 11 on it, so could it be a W11 issue? There is a W10 laptop available so it might be worth me trying this latest beta it on there to see if I can replicate the same behaviour. I'm a bit loathe to uninstall SDR Console completely and start from scratch again, as it has taken ages to get everything just how I like it. If I were to copy all the user folders and contents (for each identity) would that put me back exactly as it was prior to the uninstall?

Chances are that this is something I have managed to screw up myself, but thought it should be posted just in case it wasn't, and with the hope of maybe getting it working once more.

This updating issue is difficult to explain, but hopefully the screenshot will show what I mean.

PC: Win 11pro; 32GB RAM; Core i5 10600k; 500GB SSD; 4GB GTX-1650.
73, Sean G4UCJ
Attachments
Screenshot-2023-09-07-080006.jpeg
Screenshot-2023-09-07-080006.jpeg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 598 times
73, Sean - G4UCJ
QRA: IO92ma - W: www.hfradio.org.uk
TX: IC756pro + 2m transverter; Xiegu G90
SDR: Airspy: HF+ Discovery; Dual Port; R2; SDR-IQ; FCD Pro+
Ant: Active loop x 2 phased; 2m 5el @ 6m

G4UCJ

Re: Receive window not updating/refreshing after frequency scroll with mouse

Unread post by G4UCJ »

I've just installed v3.3 build 3048 over the top of the newer version and the scroll/update works fine, so it appears to be something introduced with the newest beta.
I'll continue with this version for now as the scroll is something I use a lot.

For some reason the screenshot is still not working on my system. The button does something, as it opens the same dialog box, but as there is no image, it can't open it - and it doesn't open the folder either, despite it existing. Macro issue maybe?

73, Sean.
73, Sean - G4UCJ
QRA: IO92ma - W: www.hfradio.org.uk
TX: IC756pro + 2m transverter; Xiegu G90
SDR: Airspy: HF+ Discovery; Dual Port; R2; SDR-IQ; FCD Pro+
Ant: Active loop x 2 phased; 2m 5el @ 6m

Max

Unread post by Max »

G4UCJ wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:30 am I've just installed v3.3 build 3048 over the top of the newer version and the scroll/update works fine, so it appears to be something introduced with the newest beta.
I'll continue with this version for now as the scroll is something I use a lot.

73, Sean.
Sean, this is a bug that's been noted in Beta 3077. Simon's correcting it and issuing a new Beta any day now:

https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/topi ... /101191629

Screenshot, no idea. Tested mine on latest Beta and works fine. Sounds like an issue with folder permissions on Windows? Try saving to a newly created folder on the desktop as a test?

Max

LuisNJUSA

Unread post by LuisNJUSA »

I was about to report the same issue. The way to workaround is turn on the "auto-centre" optin in the View tab and use the zoom in/out to make the FFT to update to the correct frequency.
But it is an annoying issue that I hope can be fixed soon.

Thanks!