Console stopped working with RTL-SDR

jdawdy

Console stopped working with RTL-SDR

Unread post by jdawdy »

I have used an RTL-SDR and Console as a panadapter by piping my FTDX-1200 microtune output into the RTL-SDR. It's worked very well.
Recently when I run the program it doesn't display anything, seems to have problems finding the RTL-SDR radio, and also on the "Home" tab, the buttons for Bias T, Quadrature Mode, etc are gone.

I checked to see if it was the dongle by installing Console on a different clean computer and plugging in the RTL-SDR. Everything worked as normal, Quadrature/Bias T buttons show up, etc. I uninstalled and reinstalled Console. Nothing seems to work. Could a Windows 10 update have broken the software?

Jim
Kq9I

Simon G4ELI

Re: Console stopped working with RTL-SDR

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

jdawdy wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:57 pm I have used an RTL-SDR and Console as a panadapter by piping my FTDX-1200 microtune output into the RTL-SDR. It's worked very well.
Recently when I run the program it doesn't display anything, seems to have problems finding the RTL-SDR radio, and also on the "Home" tab, the buttons for Bias T, Quadrature Mode, etc are gone.

I checked to see if it was the dongle by installing Console on a different clean computer and plugging in the RTL-SDR. Everything worked as normal, Quadrature/Bias T buttons show up, etc. I uninstalled and reinstalled Console. Nothing seems to work. Could a Windows 10 update have broken the software?

Jim
Kq9I
This could be the HF Mode setting which is different in V4. There will be a public beta update either today (Sunday Sept. 10th 2023) or tomorrow (Monday Sept. 11th 2023).
  • Also, you didn't mention which dongle you have?
  • Can you attach a screenshot showing the settings in the Ribbon Bar, Home?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!