Why Is SSB Not Shown In Receiver Medium?

pooruser

Why Is SSB Not Shown In Receiver Medium?

Unread post by pooruser »

I don't see an option to get the SSB medium under receiver. What do I need to do to get this?

Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot-2023-09-28-181902.jpg
Screenshot-2023-09-28-181902.jpg (238.47 KiB) Viewed 1109 times

KA1GJU

Re: Why Is SSB Not Shown In Receiver Medium?

Unread post by KA1GJU »

All the modes (LSB, USB, AM, FM, etc) are selectable from the DSP panel. The panel by default resides on the lefthand side of screen, but is not visible in your screen shot. In your screen shot, the DSP button is up in the top left. By default, there are a few modes not shown in the "Mode" area of the DSP panel. If the mode is not there, you can add it by clicking on the three dots (...).
The entire DSP panel can be moved around and "docked", this is done by left clicking on the light blue bar on the top where it says "Receive" and dragging. Once you start to drag, some mildly transparent arrows appear for docking in various locations. If you drag the DSP and while doing so, the mouse pointer hits one of the many 'arrows' on the screen, the DSP window will be docked in that position.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Home of the Super Station SDRC Servers in New Hampshire, USA (FN42 & FN43)
Attachments
Screenshot-2023-09-29-082943.jpg
Screenshot-2023-09-29-082943.jpg (486.84 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

Max

Re: Why Is SSB Not Shown In Receiver Medium?

Unread post by Max »

pooruser wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:40 am I don't see an option to get the SSB medium under receiver. What do I need to do to get this?

Thanks
Yes, like Kriss says, SDRC best operated with the RX DSP panel docked left at all times because it has most of the important "regular radio" settings in it like filter, mode, AGC etc.

Not sure what you mean by "SSB Medium" but be aware that in the DSP panel there are two settings for each SSB sideband, so for upper there is USB (bandwidth adjustable up to 4kHz) and then there is Wide-U (bandwidth adjustable up to 24kHz).

https://www.sdr-radio.com/receive-dsp

Max