Lose of audio drive

⭐ All other radios not in the list below
N2EIK

Lose of audio drive

Unread post by N2EIK »

win11 vs console, win 11 wins 🙁
I had to discard my old win7 pc, win7 not support, hardware issues due to age and some obsolete drivers... But it worked flawlessly with wsjt... New PC with win11... Months of frustration. I can make qsos (wsjt) until I open a browser, then I lose audio going to the rig (fdm-duo). I pecked at this for months, but now I think I am on to something this morning. When I lose the audio drive I only have to close console and reopen it (and only console). It seems to lose "exclusive" rights to the audio it is being presented every time I open a browser while using the wsjt/console/fdm (rig).
Has anyone else had this happen and did you find a resolution?

I can submit screen caps if requested.

Max

Re: Lose of audio drive

Unread post by Max »

N2EIK wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:50 am win11 vs console, win 11 wins 🙁
It seems to lose "exclusive" rights to the audio it is being presented every time I open a browser while using the wsjt/console/fdm (rig).
I run WIn11 and have never seen this issue.

Have you got "Boost" setting enabled? (See attached)

Max
Attachments
Boost.png
Boost.png (31.88 KiB) Viewed 2100 times

Max

Unread post by Max »

N2EIK wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:50 am win11 vs console, win 11 wins 🙁
When I lose the audio drive I only have to close console and reopen it (and only console). It seems to lose "exclusive" rights to the audio it is being presented every time I open a browser while using the wsjt/console/fdm (rig).
Also, press Windows key, type "Run" (without quotation marks) to bring up Run dialogue. Then in the Run box type mmsys.cpl and press enter to bring up "Audio Devices". Maybe have a play (Advanced tab" on the device that keeps getting taken away, with the tick boxes. Maybe until "exclusive priority" for the device in question? Or if it is already unticked, try ticking it. I guess it depends on which program is able to take exclusive priority! (See attached pic)

Also you say takes audio input aways from the Duo? If you are not already using them, consider using virtual audio cables to route sound to and from different devices and also SDRC. If you dedicate a different VAC to each task you may find it stops them being taken away:

https://vb-audio.com/Cable/
https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/index.htm

Also check what is the default output audio device for each program? Hit "Windows" key then type "volume mixer" and see settings as per the other screenshot attached.

Max
Attachments
VolumeMixer.png
VolumeMixer.png (50.8 KiB) Viewed 2097 times
Devices.png
Devices.png (73.21 KiB) Viewed 2097 times

N2EIK

Unread post by N2EIK »

I have been using two browsers, "Brave" and chrome. Neither one shows up in sound>mixer>apps but Brave browser does NOT take over like chrome does. Any opinions?

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Play a youtube video. That is when the browsers open the audio port.
{^_^}