Paddle- cw speed

w4ram

Paddle- cw speed

Unread post by w4ram »

Hello,
New SDR-Radio user, how to switch from straight key to paddle? and how to change the CW speed in the SDR-Console 3.2v?

Thank you

Al
W4RAM

Max

Re: Paddle- cw speed

Unread post by Max »

w4ram wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:28 pm Hello,
New SDR-Radio user, how to switch from straight key to paddle? and how to change the CW speed in the SDR-Console 3.2v?

Thank you

Al
W4RAM
Hi Al. You do not say what hardware you are running? Jus for information I run Hermes Lite 2 SDR which has front panel key jack and which Simon has catered for with built-in sidetone all in SDRC.

As far as I am aware (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) I don't believe there is any radio for which Simon offers a built-in keyer. So you need to connect a key/keyer to your radio and adjust the keyer in the usual way (Winkeyer software or WHY).

At the moment CW is not the easiest to achieve even with many other SDR softwares and hardware. I for one am hoping that Simon will very soon support keying commands sent by Midi to allow use of this soon to be released Teensy CW Keyer project:
https://github.com/softerhardware/CWKeyer

Anyway, first thing to know is what is your radio and then maybe we could offer more detailed advice?

Max