Band voltage with Hermes-lite 2 don't work

All bug reports here please
dl1bz

Band voltage with Hermes-lite 2 don't work

Unread post by dl1bz »

I have a Hermes-lite 2. If I activate the option "Band voltage" for the Hermes-lite 2 I ever get the same output voltage from the HL2, independ which frequency I select - no changes.
With other software (in this case Thetis) all is working correct, but not with SDR Console. I use the last beta from December.

73 Heiko, DL1BZ

Max

Re: Band voltage with Hermes-lite 2 don't work

Unread post by Max »

dl1bz wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:36 pm I have a Hermes-lite 2. If I activate the option "Band voltage" for the Hermes-lite 2 I ever get the same output voltage from the HL2, independ which frequency I select - no changes.
With other software (in this case Thetis) all is working correct, but not with SDR Console. I use the last beta from December.

73 Heiko, DL1BZ
Heiko

I requested this feature but unfortunately I'm not yet in a position to test it for Simon despite it being added some time ago. I assume you are trying to obtain the band volts from the fan output on the modified rear panel of the HL2?

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

dl1bz wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:36 pm I have a Hermes-lite 2. If I activate the option "Band voltage" for the Hermes-lite 2 I ever get the same output voltage from the HL2, independ which frequency I select - no changes.

73 Heiko, DL1BZ
I just checked diagnostics and the address (0x00 [11]) does seem to be set correctly. See attached pictures.

Are you using the IO Board or not?

Max
Attachments
BandVolts-Diagnostics.jpg
BandVolts-Diagnostics.jpg (96.94 KiB) Viewed 2852 times

dl1bz

Unread post by dl1bz »

Sri for late answer. I use the PIN 4 "FAN or BAND VOLTS PWM"of DB1 connector. Depend from initialisation of gateware you can use this output als fan pwm output OR bandvoltage output. I use my own interface, because I put this output to an ADC of an ESP32, which control my XPA125B. If I measure the voltage with SDR Console, I get only one voltage, independly which band I select. As I say before, if I activate this option in Thetis, I can measure different voltages if I switch the bands. Thats ok.

73 Heiko, DL1BZ

Max

Unread post by Max »

dl1bz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:35 pm Sri for late answer. I use the PIN 4 "FAN or BAND VOLTS PWM"of DB1 connector. Depend from initialisation of gateware you can use this output als fan pwm output OR bandvoltage output. I use my own interface, because I put this output to an ADC of an ESP32, which control my XPA125B. If I measure the voltage with SDR Console, I get only one voltage, independly which band I select. As I say before, if I activate this option in Thetis, I can measure different voltages if I switch the bands. Thats ok.

73 Heiko, DL1BZ
That's odd Heiko. Hopefully Simon will be along and read this soon. It would be good if you can join the Test Team to solve this issue.

Max

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Max wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:35 pm
dl1bz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:35 pm Sri for late answer. I use the PIN 4 "FAN or BAND VOLTS PWM"of DB1 connector. Depend from initialisation of gateware you can use this output als fan pwm output OR bandvoltage output. I use my own interface, because I put this output to an ADC of an ESP32, which control my XPA125B. If I measure the voltage with SDR Console, I get only one voltage, independly which band I select. As I say before, if I activate this option in Thetis, I can measure different voltages if I switch the bands. Thats ok.

73 Heiko, DL1BZ
That's odd Heiko. Hopefully Simon will be along and read this soon. It would be good if you can join the Test Team to solve this issue.

Max
Max just alerted me to this - I'll look at it. May I invite you to the test team?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Hi,

I've checked the code, looks good. I've asked for clarification in the HL2 mailing list, will wait for answers.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Max

Unread post by Max »

Simon G4ELI wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:59 am Hi,

I've checked the code, looks good. I've asked for clarification in the HL2 mailing list, will wait for answers.
Thank you Simon. Yes saw your post over there.

I emailed Heiko via QRZ address to ask him to check back and hopefully respond here. "Read receipt" but no response just yet. Hopefully he can come back here and test. If not I will try to verify it if I can but not installed the band-volts mod on my HL2 so not sure if I will be able to just yet.

Max

dl1bz

Unread post by dl1bz »

Simon G4ELI wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:48 pm
Max wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:35 pm That's odd Heiko. Hopefully Simon will be along and read this soon. It would be good if you can join the Test Team to solve this issue.

Max
Max just alerted me to this - I'll look at it. May I invite you to the test team?
With pleasure I will join the Test team. Maybe I can help to solve this issue.

73 Heiko, DL1BZ

Max

Unread post by Max »

Heiko, it looks like Reid on the HL2 Group has solved the mystery.

You must activate TX DSP panel on SDRC in order for the band volts to work. Seems that only when TX frequency set is sent to HL2 that the band volts change.

Sorry, I had assumed in original post that you had TX DSP activated. This is why always useful to post a screenshot with initial question. Must be attached not inserted into text as an image. Also should be full uncropped screenshot:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/screenshot

Anyway, hope the issue is now solved for you?

Max