Current capabilities of SDRC with ANAN radio's

Ton PA0TBR

Current capabilities of SDRC with ANAN radio's

Unread post by Ton PA0TBR »

I am an early user of Thetis with my ANAN-!00D and use this with 2 instances of WSJT-X to operate concurrently 2 different bands. (Transmit only one band at a time of course)
I am very happy with that setup, a small software patch links the CAT control between WSJT-X and the appropriate receiver and also selects the appropriate TX VFO.

What I would like is to expand this to 6 bands (20, 17, 15, 12 ,10 and 6m).

My questions:
1) Will SDRC allow to run 6 multiple receivers simultaneously?
(The ANAN with protocol 2 can support 6-8 receivers)

2) Will SDRC allow a unique pair of VAC channels set up for each receiver/"transmitter"?

3) Will SDRC allow a unique pair of virtual comports set up for each receiver to be used for CAT control (like VFO control and PTT)?

Ton PA0TBR

PD3LK

Re: Current capabilities of SDRC with ANAN radio's

Unread post by PD3LK »

Hello Ton
1. Yes (24 RX's or more depending on your CPU) BUT only within the ANAN's receiver bandwide. So you can't use (f.e.) 6m and 20m at the same time.
2. Yes, for any RX. TX has 3 profiles.
3. Yep. Com0Com works great, all installed ports are selectable.
Leon, 73, PD3LK

Max

Unread post by Max »

Ton PA0TBR wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:43 am What I would like is to expand this to 6 bands (20, 17, 15, 12 ,10 and 6m).

My questions:
1) Will SDRC allow to run 6 multiple receivers simultaneously?
I may be wrong as I'm not totally familiar with the Anan radios but I do have Hermes Lite 2. AFAIK I think the Anan (like the Hermes Lite) will do multiple receiver "slices", so each receiver slice is totally independent, each in its own smaller bandwidth. I think that Anan 100D will do the first band slice with 1MHz bandwidth then other receivers, each 350kHz slices. SDRC cannot yet handle this type of multiple RX.

What SDRC can do, is if you have a RX that can cover, for example, the whole of HF in one direct sampled bandwidth of, say, 30 MHz (like an RX888 for example) then yes, SDRC can run 24 receivers anywhere in that bandwidth. But that is not the same thing as I described above.

So if what I have described is correct (I am pretty sure it is) then no, you cannot have the multiple receivers on different HF bands. But of course you can have up to 24 receivers inside any one HF band.

Hope it makes sense.

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

Ton PA0TBR wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:43 am
3) Will SDRC allow a unique pair of virtual comports set up for each receiver to be used for CAT control (like VFO control and PTT)?

Ton PA0TBR
No, there is no "per receiver" multiple CAT control, but using one CAT connection you can control the frequency of the first 6 "virtual" receivers R1 to RX6, but as per previous post, each one of those receivers would need to be within one band, so for the Anan 100D not multiple bands (if I got it right in my last post about the Anan bandwidth capability per band).

See here for full CAT capability description. RX1 to RX6 commands description near bottom of the page:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/SerialPort

Max

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

There is a chance that computer "horsepower" may be a limiting factor depending on how the other DSP apps involved are written. SDRC is pretty good by itself with up to and including 24 receivers. Keeping everything straight might become daunting, though.
{o.o}