Abnormal Pluto behavior with Console v.3

Also known as ADALM-PLUTO.
distantmedicine

Abnormal Pluto behavior with Console v.3

Unread post by distantmedicine »

Hi friends! Sorry for long read, but it worth it.
Things were looking good when I installed the latest v.3 Console on a Dell notebook Win10 and connected Pluto radio (Libre SDR) directly via LAN, had some QSOs on QO-100, but then I found out first strange sign-disappeared TX audio level bar, after SW restart it appeared, then in a audio source selection menu I get both audio input devices-mics (integrated intel device in notebook is only one!). The next step I've lost transmission- output level from Pluto has dropped down to -65dbm at FM mode and 100% drive! I said OK, shit happens and installed the same SW on a Lenovo m630 Win10 nettop, trying to check HW on another PC, but the SW refused to start a device! After some time of waiting the SW was manually closed. Then I reinstalled older version of Console (October 2023) and it started normally, but later on I lost TX again. On another PC! Than I lost audio level bar. Receiver works ok on both PC's. When I disconnected LAN from the SDR, transmission uppeared again! I check this on a Tiny SA Ultra. So, connection to a LAN destroys TX! First I thoght that my SDR output amp is dead, but it unexpectedly works without PC+SW connected. So unguided one looks as it remembered what want from it! I cant understand, what hapened, what I did wrong? Both PC are blocked to update Win, no new HW or SW installed, no viruses, nothing!
Seems that second PC did smth wrong in Pluto, than unsettled Pluto moved his issues to another PC and the problem has been spread to all systems. Im totally messed, I did PC restore to points, reinstalled SW, reatarted Pluto. Nothing good happens. Separately each device looks workable.
Thanks for the patience. Any ideas?

jdow

Re: Abnormal Pluto behavior with Console v.3

Unread post by jdow »

If the LAN connection is wireless change it to wired and see what happens.

The Pluto requires a low level (iio?) driver be installed as I recall. If that is not installed there might be some problems. Plutos need an external power supply to work well on TX. The single USB2 power source is not enough. Non-genuine Plutos may be different in this requirement. But I'd be surprised to find it.

That is all that comes to mind for me.

{^_^}

distantmedicine

Unread post by distantmedicine »

Thank you for reply. From the beginning wired connection established. It's a rule (for me). Finally the issue has been fixed with detailed examination of PSU: ocasionally it pollings device to change output voltage. Changing PSU to fixed 5V (without brains) one helped. So be careful with PSU!

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

That PSU sounds like it needs a careful strip down and rebuild or else a full disposal.
{O_O}