Sdr Console Server not running using SDR Blog V4

All bug reports here please
Max

Re: Sdr Console Server not running using SDR Blog V4

Unread post by Max »

K1GF wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:25 pm Max,

Not sure why I'm only seeing this now. My apologies for the delay.

I am running a genuine V4.
Hi Geoff

That's very odd. Please see my screenshot attached. Nothing like the same entry. I thought Ezcap was the brand of a totally different chipset? Perhaps somehow it's being mis-reported, tough not at all sure how as I would think it reads this data direct from the dongle itself. Did you buy the dongle direct from RTL-SDR Blog themselves?

Just to be sure, can you select Definitions again, highlight that entry in the list, and then press "Delete" to remove the radio. Then, once confirmed it's gone, re-open Definitions again, press Search and Add "RTL Dongle USB", then "Save". At this stage it should appear in the list as RTL-SDR V4. If it does not then I'm not at all sure what else to suggest.

Max
Attachments
Radios.png
Radios.png (13.04 KiB) Viewed 454 times

K1GF

Unread post by K1GF »

I will go back over the sale. I believe I bought it directly off the RTL-SDR link to ebay. I totally understand concern over fakes.

Max

Unread post by Max »

K1GF wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:22 pm I will go back over the sale. I believe I bought it directly off the RTL-SDR link to ebay. I totally understand concern over fakes.
That's odd if it came from link to their own store on eBay you would assume it must be OK? Maybe also you could send them the screengrab and see if the have explanation as to the reported chipset?

I assume you did try the delete and re-add procedure as I described?

Max

K1GF

Unread post by K1GF »

My mistake. Bought from the official store on AliExpress.

Yes, I deleted the instance and reacquired it. Same result.

Max

Unread post by Max »

K1GF wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:50 am My mistake. Bought from the official store on AliExpress.

Yes, I deleted the instance and reacquired it. Same result.
Sorry Geoff. At a loss to understand this. Maybe contact RTL-SDR Blog folks and ask if they can throw any light on what you see reported (Ezcap)?

Or maybe someone else on here has some explanation? Just one last shot at it. Can you post a full screenshot with the dongle started/running and the "Home" tab selected in the ribbon bar. Please use the screenshot generated by SDRC and do not crop or edit it.

Max

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Off hand I do ***NOT*** trust AliExpress. It's an anti-Chinese thing. I do not like REAL imperialists. But, I also note that China operates on the principle, "If you can cheat, then cheat." That site might be real rtlsdr.com related or not. I trust EBay and Amazon more.

There is no "real" V4 thanks to rtl-sdr blog and Nooelec stepping on each other's toys with quite different dongles as V4. I have no idea where to get the real V4 related rtlsdr.dll file. So that is an exercise left for the student. I (rashly?) presume you have used Zadig to marry the dongle to the Windows supplied WinUSB.sys. If not it would be a good idea to do so VERY carefully. The rtl-sdr.com blog has instructions that look useful AND a place to get the rtlsdr.dll file that works with new and old dongles. In general if Zadig has been used sometimes Windows will presume it knows what you want better than you do and installs a European driver for the dongle design's original purpose. Run Zadig again to fix this.

Two other problems may exist. First shut down any and all programs on your system that may be using the rtlsdr.dll. Then see if SDRC starts properly. Second you MAY have to refresh the dongle definition. It is worth a try.

(Mandatory rant) I wish those infernal pieces of kindergarten level intro to SDRs would all vanish from the universe, quietly and cleanly of course. They are a pain in the "part of my anatomy that is usually in contact with a surface when I am sitting." They lock up and go catatonic at the slightest provocation. You have to remove and reinsert the dongle to clear this state. It can't be cleared programmatically. (/Mandatory rant)

{^_^}