CW on AO-100 (Help please)

Max

Re: CW on AO-100 (Help please)

Unread post by Max »

jdow wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am Windows has a new apparently not often used interface that is their answer to ASIO. ASIO is also limited by your sound card or equivalent. They all have a minimum buffer size. For ASIO itself the minimum is 64 samples (at 48ksps).
{^_^}
Joanne, maybe I missed the point, but what actually is the new Windows interface called? Or maybe not released yet? I've used ASIO4ALL with my Behringer UMC22 and seems to work bt peole do have varying expereinces with it (no doubt often hardware related). It is a pity that Windows does not have a native solution for low latency audio interfaces and applications so if they are adding one it can only be good I would have thought. However, as ASIO operates "outside" of Windows I can see the issues.

Max

jdow

Re: CW on AO-100 (Help please)

Unread post by jdow »

ASIO4ALL is good stuff. Native ASIO gives potential for less latency. But those are rather pricey cards, usually. (Audio Science for example.)

WASAPI appears to be an interface for lower latency. But, it does not grab exclusive control of the audio interface so "YMMV" on how well it does with lower latency.

{^_^}