Plugins, Or Third Party Apps ?

Robert111

Plugins, Or Third Party Apps ?

Unread post by Robert111 »

Hi,

Oops ! I had posted this to the "old Forum"
Force of habit, I guess.

So, here's a re-post of:

Am familiar with Jeff's Frequency Manager (without the Scanner unfortunately), and CSVUserListBrowser, but are there
any other third-party apps, or plugins, that mesh with Console and are worth looking at ?

Bob

Simon G4ELI

Re: Plugins, Or Third Party Apps ?

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

See image.
Attachments
3rd Party.jpg
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

bob edwards

Unread post by bob edwards »

Myself G4BBY and a friend VE7ZN are much enjoying discovering SDR-Console features with the excellent Hermes Lite transceiver. Our favourite application for sdr, now. I run the radio with two 23" monitors - woohoo! My friend on the other hand is going all out for portability - he's running sdr-console on a tiny Windows 10 'memory stick' computer and a 5" display. He would like to send keystrokes to SDR-Console from his phone or an arduino - any suggestions for doing that would be welcome.

The memory stick machine reports 25% cpu loading and runs sdr-console reliably - no audio glitches etc. The computer has USB ports but no ethernet port. Instead a USB to ethernet adapter is used to link Hermes to the computer - and it works well. The processor is a 'Terryza Pocket PC' and the USB to ethernet converter is a 'Rankie USB Network Adapter, USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Internet Adapter, Black'.

Another automation question: SDR-Console is controllable via CAT, I know. Does SDR-Console contain a built-in scripting language, please?

G0OFE

Unread post by G0OFE »

Robert111 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:18 am Hi,

Oops ! I had posted this to the "old Forum"
Force of habit, I guess.

So, here's a re-post of:

Am familiar with Jeff's Frequency Manager (without the Scanner unfortunately), and CSVUserListBrowser, but are there
any other third-party apps, or plugins, that mesh with Console and are worth looking at ?

Bob
I guess anything that will interface with Console vis a virtual serial port and Kenwood TS-2000 protocol would work.
I only wish I had the programming skills to write a plugin that would act as a scanner.

I cant remember if the old HRD had a scan facility or not.

I know Jeff's FM does not have a scanning facility for Console as he considers the virtual serial port method as too slow, which is a shame.. as for my use, I would use very long scan intervals (5 minutes and more).
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR