Favourites markers not showing for favourites without a receiver

goscickiw

Favourites markers not showing for favourites without a receiver

Unread post by goscickiw »

[Copied here from groups.io, as it wasn't answered there. Link to groups.io thread]

I have some favourites set up that don't have saved receivers (for signals that are too wide for any of the SDR Console receiver options, just for seeing them on the spectrum), and the favourites markers don't show up for them. In case of the favourites that do contain receivers, the marker is displayed for the first receiver. Could the receiver-less favourites have markers at center frequency instead?

G0OFE

Re: Favourites markers not showing for favourites without a receiver

Unread post by G0OFE »

Marker for only the first receiver being displayed for favourites with multiple RXs is expected behaviour.

This was because when I used Favourites to display 12 receivers on Band 2 FM for signal/RDS monitoring, I had an identical marker with the same name on all 12 frequencies which was a nuisance.

If you need to display a marker for a Favourite, then the best bet is to start a receiver on the centre of the spectrum you want to watch.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

goscickiw

Unread post by goscickiw »

Yes, I know about this. I mentioned this just as an example of when the marker is displayed correctly.
For the favourites without the receiver, I specifically set them up this way, because in their case I don't want anything obscuring the spectrum view (the marker itself wouldn't be much of an issue). I don't want to have to remove the receiver every time after switching the favourite. Also I can't set a receiver off center, as I want the marker to be at the center of the favourite.

G0OFE

Unread post by G0OFE »

ah, ok... got you.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR