Resized Window sometimes Maximised

G4DRS

Resized Window sometimes Maximised

Unread post by G4DRS »

I use SDRC as a panadapter with my FTdx5000 transceiver. Normally, I don't need to see anything other than the main spectrum and waterfall panes, which I think is referred to as the RX window. I keep the RX window set to its smallest available size and it sits next to the logger software, on one monitor, whilst Chrome, JTDX, EasyPal, or whatever other software happens to be running at the time, resides on the other monitor.
Sometimes, maybe once in every 10 or 12 times, SDRC will start up full screen on its monitor, so I have to drag it back down to my preferred size.
Is this because of something that I am doing wrong, or is the software somehow installed incorrectly? It's not a huge inconvenience in the grand scheme of things, but it would be great if it didn't do this.

Windows 10, 64 bit

Cheers,

John
G4DRS

Peter

Re: Resized Window sometimes Maximised

Unread post by Peter »

G'day John,

I've noticed ( for quite some number of releases now ) that if the radio in use is stopped in SDR Console before closing, the window size is ok next time.
If SDR Console is merely exited ( using the TRH X button ) while the radio is still running, the next time Console is started, it is maximised.

As you say, not a critical flaw, but something to watch for.

Cheers,
Pete.

G4DRS

Re: Resized Window sometimes Maximised

Unread post by G4DRS »

Peter wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:10 pm G'day John,

I've noticed ( for quite some number of releases now ) that if the radio in use is stopped in SDR Console before closing, the window size is ok next time.
If SDR Console is merely exited ( using the TRH X button ) while the radio is still running, the next time Console is started, it is maximised.

As you say, not a critical flaw, but something to watch for.

Cheers,
Pete.
Thanks, Pete.
I launch and close SDRC as part of the startup and shutdown scripts in Logger32, so it's probably down to variations in the way that works, I expect.

I'll try to remember to stop the radio explicitly before closing Logger32 in future.

John
G4DRS