Error message - Radio won't start

PD3LK

Re: Error message - Radio won't start

Unread post by PD3LK »

Ahh ok, SDRC has a build in Server so others (or yourself) can use your radio (RSP1a) over the internet.
More to read about this subject at https://www.sdr-radio.com/server
So you are using the RSP directly otherwise you would have known ;)

As Simon already pointed out, SDRC 3.0.26 should work fine with the latest SDRplay API v3.07
It does work fine here with a RSP2pro and SDRplay V3 radio selection in SDRC.

Do you still have that message saying you need API v3.06 instead of 3.07?
- installed the new API or latest SDRuno WITHOUT the RSP connected? Connect it only after the installation has finished!
- be sure SDRC and SDRC Server process has stopped before you install the API again. Not sure if this helps but to be sure...
- try to connect the RSP via a USB hub with a external power supply. Lots of computers can't deliver the needed power.
https://www.sdr-radio.com/usb

Please let it know if this solves your issue, Leon

G4DRS

Unread post by G4DRS »

Leon,
I am beginning to wonder whether this issue is related to another issue I raised on this forum. That is, the size of the window is sometimes 'forgotten'. Someone suggested that I should stop the radio before closing SDRC to prevent the window resizing. Since I have started to do so, I have not had this error, either.
Maybe they are related in some strange way.

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

I saw your other post too and tried to stress my PC that way but it doesn't mather in my case, it remembers the sdrc window size in both way's.

Maybe not related but anyway, there's one thing to keep in mind with RSP's: many laptop's and PC's keep the (5V) voltage on the USB even when they are off. So when the RSP has an internal error it is not enough to reboot your PC/laptop, one have to disconnect the RSP also before booting. This is also nesesary when using a powered usb hub.

G4DRS

Unread post by G4DRS »

I am still seeing the same error message about the versions not matching, intermittently. Most times, it works fine. Some times, it complains about the versions mismatch.
<<Edit: It hasn't worked at all today.>>
What else can I try?

I'm running 3.0.26 and a RSP1A

John
G4DRS

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Hi did you installed SDRuno and is that working with your RSP1?

G4DRS

Unread post by G4DRS »

Yes, I have and yes, it does. I uninstalled and reinstalled sdrc yesterday, and afterwards, it worked.
I hope it continues to work, as last time it didn't.

John
G4DRS

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

good work John, 73