is it possible to turn FFT Display off?

p3t3

is it possible to turn FFT Display off?

Unread post by p3t3 »

Hi guys.

I would like to set up sdr-console to feed 4 channels /each to different VAC output/. I am using RSP1A - and that covers up to 10MHz spectrum. The problem is that it's working if I use RTL-SDR with 2MHz visible spectrum, but when I try to use RSP1A and I select 8MHz bandwith, then the computer RAM usage is too high and everything freezes.. So I thought - how could I lower the memory usage? I actually do not need waterfall or any indication, because the channels are fixed. And I thought maybe turning off the FFT display might help it... But I did not find how to turn it off.. maybe you have other suggestions..

thanks,

p3t3

Simon G4ELI

Re: is it possible to turn FFT Display off?

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

p3t3 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:45 pm Hi guys.

I would like to set up sdr-console to feed 4 channels /each to different VAC output/. I am using RSP1A - and that covers up to 10MHz spectrum. The problem is that it's working if I use RTL-SDR with 2MHz visible spectrum, but when I try to use RSP1A and I select 8MHz bandwith, then the computer RAM usage is too high and everything freezes.. So I thought - how could I lower the memory usage? I actually do not need waterfall or any indication, because the channels are fixed. And I thought maybe turning off the FFT display might help it... But I did not find how to turn it off.. maybe you have other suggestions..

thanks,

p3t3
Tell me about your PC. You can restrict the RAM use, using RAM will not be the problem, I expect it's CPU.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

p3t3

Unread post by p3t3 »

Well,

I will need a new computer for sure, this one is a spare notebook sitting on a shelf, so I thought I might get it to do something useful. I'll post some screenshots on how the memory gets too high when I uplug RTL-SDR and plug RSP1A. You can see it in the graph too. You can see the computer specs next to task manager screenshot /rtl-sdr plugged in/. The sdr console is minimised.. I am not sure if the possibility of turning the display off would help anything, I was just thinking and wondering if it might do any help.. Or maybe other settings will help too.

Thank you for your time

p3t3

Simon G4ELI wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:55 pm

thanks,

p3t3
Tell me about your PC. You can restrict the RAM use, using RAM will not be the problem, I expect it's CPU.
Attachments
rtl-sdr plugged in
rtl-sdr plugged in
RSP1A plugged in
RSP1A plugged in
rtl-sdr unpluuged and RSP1A plugged in
rtl-sdr unpluuged and RSP1A plugged in
rtl-sdr plugged in
rtl-sdr plugged in

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

thanks,

p3t3
Hi,

In 3.0.25 there's an option the decrease the FFT resolution, this can save a lot of CPU cycles.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

p3t3

Unread post by p3t3 »

hello,

so I'll have to wait for the 3.0.25 version then. :)

thanks,

p3t3