New User needs users manual and guidance

vk3xz

New User needs users manual and guidance

Unread post by vk3xz »

Hi All,
I have followed the development of this software(SDRRADIO) for a while. It seems Awesome! I received a New Air Spy HF+ for Christmas this year. I would like to know how to use all these new and wonderful functions of Simon's software! Is there an ultimate resource guide to learn all the features. I am serious about this email and need to know how to learn the require information to get the best use out of my Air Spy? Everything nearly points to SDR sharp# which I am not interested in using as SDRRadio is far advanced. I am familiar with sdr's I own an Elad Duo (x2) an RTL dongle and now the Air spy HF+. Where is the best place to learn about all the features especially new ones. I am Mike vk4sy and vk3xz and avid shortwave listener Newby. 73 to all for any guidance supplied

jdow

Re: New User needs users manual and guidance

Unread post by jdow »

Go to sdr-radio.com. Look at the menus. There is your manual.

Or you can just make a change basically to see what it does. Follow your nose towards the ways you want to use it.

{^_^}

vk3xz

Unread post by vk3xz »

Thank you kindly JDOW. It's a bit Daunting because what is thought of is possible with this software!! So many options I do not know where to start. Yes I will look at the menu's tO try and get started. Thanks for your kind advice. It will be a great learning experience. Cheers to all! Mike VK3XZ VK4SY HAPPY NEW YEARS TO THE GROUP!

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Plug in the Airspy(s) into the desired USB ports, allow Windows to install drivers.
Go here:
https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/message/51635

Yes I realize it’s for setting up a server, but I am in the cockpit and no access to my pc at home with the proper url.

When you get to step #3, choose Airspy near the top of the list and select it, then add it. If adding more than one SDR to your definitions, DO NOT CHOOSE REPLACE!!! OTW You will remove previous entries.

When I get to the hotel tonight, I can give you the link for operating SDRC.
Or maybe Max can reply with the appropriate link to my post. We frequently get asked this question. Hi hi
Gotta fly

73 Kriss KA1GJU/AM
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

vk3xz

Unread post by vk3xz »

Thank you kindly Kriss. I will give it a go! Have a great flight. Cheers Mike ps I enjoy reading your comments about your servers and hope to learn how I could use them as I am an American Transplant from Missouri here in Queensland Australia

G4ZFQ

Unread post by G4ZFQ »

>Everything nearly points to SDR sharp# which I am not interested in using as SDRRadio is far advanced.

You do not have to stick to one software. Each have different features.
SDR# is not my first choice but it does have some unique advanced features that may suit you, or not:-)
Alan G4ZFQ

vk3xz

Unread post by vk3xz »

Thanks Alan well said cheers Mike